Scroll skull..

wooly

I know some of you guys like to see these things, and I always get a sense of relief and accomplishment when I finally finish a project like this up.

I just finished this one for a friend who had me do some work on a buck skull last fall as well. Her hubby brought this back from a west coast hunting trip years ago, and they've since gotten bored with it and asked me to dress it up a bit.

This skull will be going home with her this weekend.

robyns1.thumb.jpg.0fa7638850b8c1b8ea809e8556ff2e28.jpgRobyns3.thumb.jpg.8cd49d046fe2be419ca7678ff346bbcf.jpgRrobyns2.thumb.jpg.91fc6ce0e00243e4cc0947ec5c308184.jpgRobyns4.thumb.jpg.1473bf8ade327f06f66cf7099f189179.jpg

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Awesome job Matt! The detail is incredible! Do you plan the design out before you start or just wing it as you go?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

I usually have an idea in my head of what I want it to look  like, but once I start to draw it on there it needs to altered for fit and balance... so I guess I'm just winging it. Sometimes the end product doesn't even come close to what I had planned. I probably sand away more material removing my pencil marks than I do actually carving!

I really can't draw for squat! :mail:

• Like 2