Posted Signs

Anyone know of a good source for aluminum posted signs?

More importantly somewhere ł can order them with my info pre-affixed by the manufacturer...

ł have my rough perimeter measurements, any reccomendations on spacing?

ł do plan on double posting all corners.

All input is appreciated... Thanks!

Can't recommend a specific source, but there are a lot out there. www.signs.com for example. just google custom aluminum signs. If you know exactly what you want in terms of size, font, text, etc., it's just a matter of finding the price you like, or stopping when you get tired of looking. For plastic signs, I used http://rowesprintshop.com/signs.php years ago.

• Like 1

Thanks, ł was looking at Voss on Amazon but couldn't get a response as far as imprinting. ł will give them a call and see what they charge for that.

Appreciate the feed back.

My roll of tyvek signs served me well... since September 2016 but must be replaced with something that will last.

Signs can be placed as close as you want but not further than 330ft. On high travel sides maybe 50 yards is close enough.. I always followed the rule I want to see 2 signs at all times so on a slope they are closer together.. open timber bit further. apart. Order in full lot size 500 signs for example you may use 440 but every year. By law they must be checked.. I add signs as woods thicken and replace those that disappear. Always nice to have extra.. my neighbor has about 1/2 his property road frontage posted with my signs now as he dosnt want to buy any and I give them to him and let's me hunt and patrol his property..

https://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/2442.html

You have to go more than half way down the page to the following:

Posted Property/Trespass

Posting Requirements

Question: What are the "POSTED" signs requirements?
Answer: The posting law specifies the maximum distance between signs is 660 ft., the minimum size of the signs is 11 inches square and the area covered by the printing is a minimum of 80 sq. inches. Signs can be no more than 660 feet apart. The signs should, however, be placed close enough together to be seen and at a height that is easily visible. Posted signs must have the name and address of the person authorized to post the property. Each side of all corners of the property must be marked with posted signs, so that corners can be reasonably ascertained. There is no requirement that signs be "seen," and in fact, the land is still posted for a period of one year even if the signs are illegally removed by unauthorized persons the day they are put up. This illustrates the importance of seeking permission to enter private land, regardless of whether of not it is posted.

• Like 2

Okay, got my hands on a Voss catalog... $5.00 setup fee and .05 cents a sign for imprinting.

Not bad at all, an extra $5.00 per hundred signs.

ł will be ordering enough to cover the perimeter and have a few years worth of replacements. (Unless ł can get lucky and scrounge up some more neighboring land)

Thank you everyone.

46 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

I had most of my metal posted signs stolen. They sell them for good money. Paper much cheaper to replace.

Same here. They took all of mine over the winter. I went out and bought 25 for $2.00 at Loews. 

I found a cool aluminum one in the woods today, it says Warner Lane Pheasant Club, Clarence NY. Appeared to be really old. I left it with the landowner for his man cave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weber’s Lane, my mistake

39371426f8e38d952884946eb29e606c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I had most of my metal posted signs stolen. They sell them for good money. Paper much cheaper to replace.
For scrap? Or as cheaper alternative to purchasing new ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Same here. They took all of mine over the winter. I went out and bought 25 for $2.00 at Loews. 
But the paper and plastic don't last as long due to the weather either. I'm going back aluminum ones

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pulled the trigger and ordered 300 of them today.

Anyone that is considering placing an order, they're selling the "108 VP" Sign at a discounted rate of .90 cents per sign if you order by the 100.

That was .9 cents a piece less than expected and covered the up charge for having my name put on them.

ł ordered them in yellow for no extra cost, ł believe the only orange in my woods should be the orange ł wear while hunting.

It's saddening to hear you have terrible neighbors.

ł don't expect that will happen to mine, my neighbor who owns twice as much land as me keeps a watchful eye on my piece until the day comes that ł move out of the city.

Also have a few cellular cams strategically placed, only time ł ever had a trespasser it wound up being an insurance inspector who was walking around looking at my cabin.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:21 PM, E J said:

Yeah, what he said

Voss Signs.  Yeah what he said.  100 sign aluminum with info on them like $120.  I git some look as good as new 4 years later. Got mine in yellow.

Edited by nybuckboy
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, G-Man said:

Signs can be placed as close as you want but not further than 330ft. On high travel sides maybe 50 yards is close enough.. I always followed the rule I want to see 2 signs at all times so on a slope they are closer together.. open timber bit further. apart. Order in full lot size 500 signs for example you may use 440 but every year. By law they must be checked.. I add signs as woods thicken and replace those that disappear. Always nice to have extra.. my neighbor has about 1/2 his property road frontage posted with my signs now as he dosnt want to buy any and I give them to him and let's me hunt and patrol his property..

I have a similar arbitrary rule of posting except I have always used 3 signs as the minimum number that are always visible no matter how you approach the line. There is no using the story that you didn't see the signs.

• Like 2