Sis killed her 1'st spring turkey!

wooly

Got out with sis again this morning for our 2'nd hunt of this spring.

Things have been awfully quiet around here so far, and the way our day started. we were expecting more of the same today. 

Finally after 3 hours of being bored out of our minds in the blind, a jake showed up silent to our calls and caught us both off guard.

We finally got things situated in the blind and sis got the gun out the window as the bird made his way towards our jake decoy.

When sis finally pulled the trigger on that dude, he dropped right in his tracks 30 yds away!

THAT'S what I like to see!

Nothing but awesomeness after that folks! This was her first SPRING turkey and he even has a double beard(not that it mattered to her) (4" and 3")

Couldn't be happier to see my favorite hunting partner make a great shot and the joy it brings her.... and mostly me!

Congrats sissy on a great hunt and thanks for being there for me through everything!

Love ya, and congrats AGAIN!

DSC_0015_filtered.thumb.JPG.e8bfc7ede3ac35d83bd6e919795c7003.JPG

DSC_0024_filtered.JPG.9d5554c12bb1316635879a2e8cbcbe54.JPGDSC_0038_filtered.JPG.6898085f1f7436b56695685956d5f683.JPG

DSC_0058_filtered.thumb.JPG.972a064a120d5f21b9b201d2f867f85c.JPG

DSC_0068_filtered.JPG.f28a26f5f400df2df96d2752ccac3eb6.JPG

• Like 43

36 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Wooly, I want a poster of that B&W photo. It just captures the whole thing in one single image. The hardship and wait, the joy and the victory. You're very good with the camera my friend.

Thanks guys!

Mark- I think I have more fun taking the pictures than I do pulling te trigger!

I don't even know why I take my gun anymore to be honest with ya.

• Like 4

Keep at it buddy. I'm pretty good with a camera, and I know lots of people way better than I am, but you're near the upper level of "guys (and gals) with eyes".

I'll send you a PM shortly about a Russian gal with the right eye for when to capture an image. That's all photography is really. Capturing all of the surroundings, emotions, and the event in a single image. People take billions of selfies every day, but none of it is photography IMO.

Congratulations on your first Spring bird, Dalo. I owe your brother a burger on a different matter, but I hope you will join us when I visit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Congrats!  Wooly, is that a New England Firearms single shot 12 ga?  I use one for turkey hunting.... mine is pretty beat up though....

Yep- picked it up for $50 about 7 years ago and have been taking it turkey hunting ever since.

Shoots tight, and carries light!

I like it anyhow.

Brother totes an H&R 10 bore. It thumps like a biatch. Assuming 103 notches on the stock lightened it up a bit :rolleyes:  He talked me into shooting it on paper once for him. Not the brightest thing I’ve ever done. There will not be a second time as my head is more than a hat rack you know  

Whens sis’s 2nd birds demise ? 

11 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Brother totes an H&R 10 bore. It thumps like a biatch. Assuming 103 notches on the stock lightened it up a bit :rolleyes:  He talked me into shooting it on paper once for him. Not the brightest thing I’ve ever done. There will not be a second time as my head is more than a hat rack you know  

Whens sis’s 2nd birds demise ? 

It doesn't have a recoil pad so you definitely get the full effect of the 2 oz. 3" loads from such a light gun.

I had to switch to shooting left handed a few years ago from my medical stuff. I still got a nice bruise on that shoulder now over a week later,lol

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll get out after her 2'nd bird again this weekend.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wooly said:

It doesn't have a recoil pad so you definitely get the full effect of the 2 oz. 3" loads from such a light gun.

I had to switch to shooting left handed a few years ago from my medical stuff. I still got a nice bruise on that shoulder now over a week later,lol

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll get out after her 2'nd bird again this weekend.

I wish you and sis all the best. Knock another one down and take some nice pics!!

• Like 1