I owe a lot to this forum

ApexerER

The forum is awesome.  Where would I be without the butt-out (thanks Chef), or the PA chest girth chart (thanks G-man). The most important advice I can give you all is to learn who controls the fate of all living things and ACT accordingly.   Once you get that figured out, hunting (and everything else) gets much easier.     

Oh snap!!! GMAN brought us the PA chest chart???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I either have been or am a member of some other forums mainly motorcycle and or 4 wheeler forums and I have never seen a more tightly nitted group than this that I believe generally in most cases care for one another. In those other forums there is usually alot more criticism and sarcasm than any support or knowledge being handed down. This is by far my first and favorite forum to visit and be part of. I have met a few people in person from this site and they are down right awesome stand up people. I look forward to meeting some more when I make one of these get togethers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I either have been or am a member of some other forums mainly motorcycle and or 4 wheeler forums and I have never seen a more tightly nitted group than this that I believe generally in most cases care for one another. In those other forums there is usually alot more criticism and sarcasm than any support or knowledge being handed down. This is by far my first and favorite forum to visit and be part of. I have met a few people in person from this site and they are down right awesome stand up people. I look forward to meeting some more when I make one of these get togethers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree with that, it’s really cool how well we all get to know each other. It’s also interesting to see all the people who have come and gone, growie doesn’t come around any more, think about how much that changed the dynamic of this place. Or even guys like Elmo who used to post almost daily , who hardly post anymore

• Like 1

Without a doubt this is the friendliest site I belong to and that I visit regularly. It's a lot like walking into the bar up the road and chatting with friends. If the conversation gets a bit prickly, you change the subject and move on. It's quite simple. Don't beat the dead horse. Disagree, then agree to disagree, then move on.

I agree being a member for 8.5 years I have gained and also learned alot of great value information.When I was younger was taught by my family and is a large one but the folks here have become more than just Blood relation.At the end of the day or first thing in the morning you can allways find someone to share your exp with.I have only met hunted with one member and enjoyed the day.

I don't know what happened to Stoneam. Probably just busy with life. That happens.

Growalot got fed up with people here picking on her for being dyslexic. An absolutely pathetic personal attack IMO, and wrong in every way.

Growie knows as much, or more, about food plots and wildlife habitat than most anyone on this site. She is missed. Come back Growie, we miss you.

Elmo posts pretty frequently on the "what's for dinner" post, and when he buys a new gun.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I don't know what happened to Stoneam. Probably just busy with life. That happens.

Growalot got fed up with people here picking on her for being dyslexic. An absolutely pathetic personal attack IMO, and wrong in every way.

Growie knows as much, or more, about food plots and wildlife habitat than most anyone on this site. She is missed. Come back Growie, we miss you.

Elmo posts pretty frequently on the "what's for dinner" post, and when he buys a new gun.

Yes she knew and has a ton of information on land management.Bubba left because I think no one wanted to have to wear blaze orange but he also was and had great knowledge.

For me this forum is a place to go when Mrs Crappy could care less about the details of my hunt or offer any opinion about where I should sit or what is actually in the trail cam pic (usually it’s a mountain lion or a squatch).

Being a “too close to the city guy” I don’t get to rub elbows with hunters frequently so asking questions of them about how long a deer should hang or how to best cook a front shoulder or which grind plate to use is not happening. Here I get real time, real life “knowledge” (depending on the source).

That plus all the beer, booze, recipes, arguments, mildly to wildly inappropriate jokes...good place to be

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

For me this forum is a place to go when Mrs Crappy could care less about the details of my hunt or offer any opinion about where I should sit or what is actually in the trail cam pic (usually it’s a mountain lion or a squatch).

Being a “too close to the city guy” I don’t get to rub elbows with hunters frequently so asking questions of them about how long a deer should hang or how to best cook a front shoulder or which grind plate to use is not happening. Here I get real time, real life “knowledge” (depending on the source).

That plus all the beer, booze, recipes, arguments, mildly to wildly inappropriate jokes...good place to be

Mr crappy Mrs crappy ?  Are you a fan of shitty bill  .

Or  a fisherman ?

:)

On 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

If I ever get word of a dead body I’m taking all you guys and gals down the train tracks to find it with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dont do that I see enough dead things by the tracks.... just stay off tracks and their right of way....

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

If I ever get word of a dead body I’m taking all you guys and gals down the train tracks to find it with me

Stand By Me! Great movie! 

You all suck! I'm moving to Maine! JK!

I posted a while back how I feel about the people on this site. It's a family, and as such we don't always see eye-to-eye, or agree, but no family does.

So, I wish all the people on here a Merry Christmas, and hoping that all who have late season tags left fill them!

• Like 2

Stand By Me! Great movie! 

You all suck! I'm moving to Maine! JK!

I posted a while back how I feel about the people on this site. It's a family, and as such we don't always see eye-to-eye, or agree, but no family does.

So, I wish all the people on here a Merry Christmas, and hoping that all who have late season tags left fill them!

Thank you.

• Like 2