How many cameras?

G-Man

Was chatting with friend and figured out I have 19 cameras out at this time.. no wonder it takes hours to go thru all the photos cant imagine getting all those pictures sent to my phone... how many cameras do you run . ( I think I have an addiction)

• Like 3

I own 6. 4 of which are on friends new 11.6 acres. Bow only.  I only get does n fawns and a million pics of kids on wheelers.  Not a promising place to hunt but fun checking them with him. Have 2 new cams never used. But I know a guy who’s got a bunch out where daughter and I invited to hunt and routinely get pics ^_^  See you in the morning said guy 

• Like 2

At one time I had 8 cams out on ~70ac I hunted. Thank God for my ATV!! Yeah, like G-Man said, it's an addiction & you can get more photos of coons, squirrels, birds, etc than you get of deer. I do use cams to keep track of the does habits and travel patterns. And.. of course it's encouraging to get photos of BBs that are in the area. Not that you'll ever see them while you're sitting in the tree stand, but just the thought keeps you alert.

I could see where cell cams beneficial if decent cell service 

Yeah I won't get that deep. I don't really like to use them to scout per say. I don't check them very often. If you pay attention to some of the guys pic's you can see the deer know something is there and smell human scent I'm sure. Mature bucks won't put up with that long. I just want to see if one shows up worth putting the effort into hunting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah I won't get that deep. I don't really like to use them to scout per say. I don't check them very often. If you pay attention to some of the guys pic's you can see the deer know something is there and smell human scent I'm sure. Mature bucks won't put up with that long. I just want to see if one shows up worth putting the effort into hunting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s where cell cams would pay off not checking them / scenting up the woods and no driving long distances to check them 

I have 5 cell cams. 3 of my buddies have another 7. We can all view each other’s pics on our phones. It sure is nice being able to see the pics as they come in. Also to be able to spot trespassers immediately. It has helped me confront a few people that showed up snooping around. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I could see where cell cams beneficial if decent cell service 

could be beneficial for sure - but even if not just fun.  Would be great to get messages from deer !   Much rather be looking at deer pics in a meeting than emails from work!  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

i have 9 cams - 3 on 100 acres in 6S and 6 on 120 acres in 7F .  I dont really use them for scouting anymore now that i know the ground so well.  But like to just see what might be out there that i probably will never see in the stand.  The best part about my cams is not one of them is the same!  But all are easy to use .  I usually get one every xmas it seems.