Cold feet solution??

oapiastos88

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

The real reason your feet get cold is because your body limits blood flow to them to maintain your core temperature , try putting a sore muscle heat patch over your kidney area and see the difference it makes . They sell heated vest specifically for keeping heat on your core .    

https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/shop-now/heated-core-vest-and-accessories/iconx-heated-core-vest?adw=PPC_Google_g_1595166404_61942092364&gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRW2EF0UAJl5IVrCz6VvfAc-aEaKrzD8TKgXaTGSn1JtVi-FzLPr2vJxoCzu4QAvD_BwE

• Like 1

I am cheap so only use fieldblazer II boots all season long. I can tolerate pretty low temps in these as long as I have on two thick pairs of wool socks AND the chemical toe warmers on each foot. Even still if it's windy and well below freezing they'll chill out until I start to move. If I was still hunting I could use them down to 0 with that combo I suspect.

30 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have a Cabela's heated vest. Looking at this one it looks like the battery and charger are exactly the same. I get cold trying to sit still even when it isn't very cold out. I had thermocell heated insoles as well but they were never that great and died last year. I just started using toe warmers and they work much better. Even with a heated vest and toe warmers I am always fighting the cold it seems. I can't remember ever leaving because of the cold but have spent a lot of time on stand not very comfortable. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'd like to get one just to keep down on wearing heavy gear in the later months.

I know two guys that have them and they swear by them. They also bought an extra battery to carry with them. when one runs out they pop in the extra. If you can regulate your core and keep your hands and feet warm you can stay our in some pretty cold temps for long durations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

I have a Cabela's heated vest. Looking at this one it looks like the battery and charger are exactly the same. I get cold trying to sit still even when it isn't very cold out. I had thermocell heated insoles as well but they were never that great and died last year. I just started using toe warmers and they work much better. Even with a heated vest and toe warmers I am always fighting the cold it seems. I can't remember ever leaving because of the cold but have spent a lot of time on stand not very comfortable. 

the Pnuma vests are lifetime guarantee but the batteries are third party manufacture. the batteries only carry a one year guarantee I think. They got such great reviews from out two QDMA branch members that have them, we bought 8 as prizes for our last banquet. 

• Like 2

Wasn't there a thread on here last year where the idea came up of wrapping plastic bags around your feet before putting the boots on? Some guys (bionic?) tried it and were surprised at how well it worked. Maybe I'm confusing this with something else..

I usually pack the hot hands foot insoles for the coldest days. They seem to keep me going ok. Also makes a difference to have some room inside the boot for air to provide a barrier between your foot and the cold boot shell.

• Like 1

Last year when it got really cold i wore my snowmobile boots fxr brand they worked awsome i could sit there all day and thats saying something from a guy that always has cold feet and tried everything the only problem with the boots is they are bulky oh also i bought a thermos and wow i should of bought one of those a long time ago takes the chill right out of you

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing too tight.  light sock liners and I use carhaart arctic or Vermont darn tough socks.  If its really cold, I will switch from mucks to Baffin (crazy warm).  Overlayering with lots of socks is worse IMO.

I just took one last look at Gander in Tonawanda. They have quite a good selection of Baffin boots 50% off if anyone in the Buffalo area is looking to get new cold weather boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just took one last look at Gander in Tonawanda. They have quite a good selection of Baffin boots 50% off if anyone in the Buffalo area is looking to get new cold weather boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn I'd buy a pair but I'm down in 3s. Looks like I'm out of luck

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Damn I'd buy a pair but I'm down in 3s. Looks like I'm out of luck

Not real expensive even without a sale.  A bit clunky and heavy but very warm.  I only use them when its truly frigid.

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Hunter-Waterproof-Boot/dp/B004YGRXXI

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Mine are not that fancy.  Rubber boots with a removable liner and the liner is fairly thick.

most of those rubber boots just kill my feet.  I have some muck boots and dont really wear them but these interest me - thanks will check em out 

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not real expensive even without a sale.  A bit clunky and heavy but very warm.  I only use them when its truly frigid.

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Hunter-Waterproof-Boot/dp/B004YGRXXI

The style at Gander may not be the exact one from that Cabela's pic, but similar. They seemed to be thickly insulated plus an insulated liner of some sort, they were heavy and very stiff. I don't know, I just saw these on the shelf and remembered this thread so I thought I would share in case anyone is interested.

The style at Gander may not be the exact one from that Cabela's pic, but similar. They seemed to be thickly insulated plus an insulated liner of some sort, they were heavy and very stiff. I don't know, I just saw these on the shelf and remembered this thread so I thought I would share in case anyone is interested.

Those look quite warm