Nytracker

Ice storm.

Nothing here yet in the hilltowns of Albany county, but the radar shows it's close. About 19 degrees. Forecasting up to a couple feet of snow here before it all ends Tuesday morning. We were supposed to have a family dinner today. Put it off to next week. Just me and Mrs grampy keeping warm by the fire. Will go out and snowblow and shovel after each ten inches or so to keep up with it. No big deal. This ain't my first snowstorm!

I need to see a pic of Biz's $600 mailbox!!!!!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

I need to see a pic of Biz's $600 mailbox!!!!!  :rolleyes:

The box and post were , $100 , but he had $500 worth of fragile items in it .......

• Haha 1

Raining / icing here in Erie county. Thankful to be indoors. Christmas tree adventure for today has been postponed.

Biz. Hopefully your ok with me sharing a pic of your mailbox.... You did the right thing. e684fa6451a046aea288db823f441e2b.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Some of you remember biz's rose garden picture ,well the day his mailbox was tagged was certainly a close call for Pete but he was only shaken up from the incident.

Screenshot_20191201-112550.png

Screenshot_20191201-112746.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Henrietta right now and still icing.took g/f to work as she cant drive in this crap so staying local.gave me a reason to go to home depot,lowes,sportsmans warehouse

20191201_113401.jpg

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Haha. Poor dad of the HS girl who hit my mailbox had to pay thousands for her car damage and then $600 to me for a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow $600.... Was it a PO box?? 

And loaded with fan mail. 

Mine would have to have $570 cash in it to be worth $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Any chance I can start pulling for my first snow day!!!! It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Any chance I can start pulling for my first snow day!!!! It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

My son keeps asking if i think we r goin to get a snow storm tonight. Says his Thanksgiving vacation wasnt long enough. They had all week off!

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Most of the SUNY campuses have closed for tomorrow already.  Think it's gonna be a long list in the morning.  

Most of the schools are closed down here... great ... no school buses  to deal with  in the morning. Just a few hundred other people trying  to  get  to work that have forgotten  how to drive in the snow since the last storm.

Daughter's school district is already closed for tomorrow here in the suburbs of Albany. Snowplow went through about an hour ago. Went out for the first snow blowing and there was about 6 inches and snowing heavy. Calling for 12 to 18 inches.  More in the hills. 

Edited by MPHunter

Nothing going on here in Webster . Was supposed to take daughter hunting this afternoon , but I called it off as I didn’t want to drive in ice and snow , so we better get ice and snow ! 
Shes got a whole 7 hours on stand this year , and the next opening is Friday but we gotta be back by 10 AM .

Yeah not to bad. Went to the gym early and then Lowe’s in the afternoon. It’s slippery but ok. Still not looking forward to the morning commute.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

At this point we have well over a foot of snow. Still coming down hard. The worst of this storm is yet to come, tomorrow afternoon and into tomorrow night. Will definitely be well over two feet before all is said and done here.

I know this is nothing compared to what you Tug Hill guys see. But a pretty substantial storm for this part of the state.

• Like 1

Woke up early expecting to fire the blower up so i could get out of drive for work but not needed.can still see shovel marks on front sidewalk from lastnight.snowing pretty good so im sure ill have to do it when i get home.stay safe on the roads everyone!

I stay home I am that driver you have to worry about . So I save lives by staying home. I panic as soon as I slide a tiny bit and wind up in a ditch or Nother car so i stay home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1