Has anybody else heard that Pres Trump has declared NYC  a national disaster area and is going to deploy the army? They.re saying as many as 2 people an hr are dying  from the corona virus in NYC.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Merlot said:

I agree with you on Cuomo. He's doing the best he can. Thank God Dementia Joe isn't in charge on the federal level. Trump is doing as well as he can, given the swamp he's wading through.

Nice for a change to see parties unity. Dam shame it took a dam little nasty killer virus to do it !

Has anybody else heard that Pres Trump has declared NYC  a national disaster area and is going to deploy the army? They.re saying as many as 2 people an hr are dying  from the corona virus in NYC.

Where the hell do you get your news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Lever action said:

It frees up more funding, if it done.

Just curious if anybody knows anyone personally who has this virus ? I read a report that 20 percent of the population thinks they have it. 

Just curious if anybody knows anyone personally who has this virus ? I read a report that 20 percent of the population thinks they have it. 

I do yes, I know 3 people that are infected. The funny part is none of them live in NY. The first is a coworkers wife who is a medical professional, her husband was infected by her and his supervisor at work was infected by him. None of them are showing any serious symptoms

32 minutes ago, Lever action said:

Once again.... This rumor started more than  a week ago...  Could happen but right now that is fake news....  

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

I do yes, I know 3 people that are infected. The funny part is none of them live in NY. The first is a coworkers wife who is a medical professional, her husband was infected by her and his supervisor at work was infected by him. None of them are showing any serious symptoms

What was the reason for being tested if they didn't have any serious symptoms ? I'm just trying to make heads or tails of everything we are being told . 

What was the reason for being tested if they didn't have any serious symptoms ? I'm just trying to make heads or tails of everything we are being told . 

The wife did expirence flu like symptoms, the other two were tested very early on. At that point they were still trying to test and isolate individuals

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

exactly.... good point.........

Fox News just talked about this and said it’s bullshit

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ya I’ve an issue with that . 50% of the cases are in NYC which geographically makes up .5% of the state .  Why does the 99.5% which has is not only is not densely packed like NYC , but where most drive  to work in a car by themselves ,not packed into subways and crowded streets , where some counties don’t have one case , need to be under the same restrictions ? You don’t see other states that mirror Upstate NY doing those things .

Im the same way but the problem is ive seen more camps open today on my way to my hike then i did last year before deer season/4th of july combined i no first hand where a good chunk come from so its going to spread quickly every where else.

The rural counties that are closest to suburban NYC are already freaking out about the influx of 2nd homers and the likes fleeing to them. They are afraid their small town hospitals will collapse under the weight.

Yup. Nearly everyone I know who rents in nyc M-F, left their apts weeks ago for their weekend/summer homes in Westchester, Putnam, CT, NJ, or Long Island.

56 minutes ago, Chef said:

Where the hell do you get your news

Heard it here, 

Heard it here, 

You my friend need better sources for news

ef6daa23343e717daa81ef0a487c0ab7.jpg

• Like 1

Trump is literally on right now and said thats garbage

Of course it’s from a British tabloid we shouldn’t even be engaging this buffoon in conversation

• Like 3

The wife did expirence flu like symptoms, the other two were tested very early on. At that point they were still trying to test and isolate individuals

If the wife showed any signs while working with patients, she get tested. Since she tested positive, everyone with direct constant contact with her must get tested regardless of any signs.

• Like 2

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

I feel the need to say this and I’m sure it will start a argument. I dislike Cuomo as much as anyone here.

That being said he is doing a phenomenal job with this situation and is the ONLY government official I’ve seen in our county acting like a true leader.

Agreed, I think he’s doing very well in this situation.

His daily press conferences have been well spoken, fact based, showing corruption with the president and he’s constantly reminding everyone that everything will be fine and there is no chance of the supply chain running dry.

Unfortunately I think this only helps him get re-elected in the future.

Can we have a moratorium on sharing stupid news items? That medium article was interesting. I can’t comment on the analysis, but thanks. 

I was called a “down-stater” at the grocery store today for wiping my hands. Hope this doesn’t get crazy. 

@Chef is bang on about Cuomo. He’s been a rock during this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, left field said:

Can we have a moratorium on sharing stupid news items? That medium article was interesting. I can’t comment on the analysis, but thanks. 

I was called a “down-stater” at the grocery store today for wiping my hands. Hope this doesn’t get crazy. 

@Chef is bang on about Cuomo. He’s been a rock during this. 

Geez....  70 percent of people were wearing gloves at supermarket in lagrange today........

[mention=762]Chef[/mention] is bang on about Cuomo. He’s been a rock during this. 

I thought that article was sourced very well. I’d never heard of medium and I don’t share nonsense aside from a stupid meme now and again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I know two people who are positive, one of them was denied a test at the first place he went because he didn’t have enough symptoms...went to a second place that tested him and he is positive, so it seems like they may be turning positive people back into the population because they don’t think they have it and refuse to test them.

• Like 1

What classifies as enough symptom,I think that's the big question 

What classifies as enough symptom,I think that's the big question