knives

Dom

I carry different ones all the time. The past couple years for gutting I'm using a Wayne Clay folder quite a bit. That will probably change this year as I have a newer Gene Wiseman to bloody.

Sometimes a fixed blade, either an Ingram or a Denning.

I enjoy my blades!

There are some classic knives..

Fasteddie...I'm not surprised that an old GYRENE like yourself carries a Kbar. <<grin>>...

The Schrades and Buck 110's are classics also.

I have a Buck 110 that my ex-wife bought me on our first Xmas together 40 years ago. I sure don't miss her, but I'd feel TERRIBLE if I lost that knife !! I have backtracked several times and pawed through gut piles to recover that knife. In September of 1989, I used that knife to butcher TWO big Alaska bull moose in one day by myself, while my partner hiked back to the river for more supplies before we spent a week packing the moose back to the river we were floating. The blade is honed down to about half of it's original depth.. I have retired it because I have other knives and would not want to chance losing it.

The two knives I use most often now are a Buck fixed blade zipper and a 3" Puma Folder.. I bought the Puma for my Dad in the late 70's for about $40. he used to to skin coon for a few years, and then when he passed away in '94, I re-inherited it. It takes an edge faster than my Bucks and seems to hold it nearly as long.. An equivalent Puma today sells for $150-200..

I have a number of fixed blade Case knives and a few others that I use at odd times.. My favorite filet/boning knife is a cheap RADA. It has filleted thousands of fish and boned out and cut up plenty of deer, along with a few caribou, moose, elk, antelope and wild hogs..

I carry different ones all the time. The past couple years for gutting I'm using a Wayne Clay folder quite a bit. That will probably change this year as I have a newer Gene Wiseman to bloody.

Sometimes a fixed blade, either an Ingram or a Denning.

I enjoy my blades!

I can always count on you to class the place up a little. B)

Havalon Piranta.....Dull? Put a new one in for 12 cents. Nice orange plastic handle too.......

Not exactly the feel of an Ingram, huh, Lawdwaz ?

I can always count on you to class the place up a little. B)

Havalon Piranta.....Dull? Put a new one in for 12 cents. Nice orange plastic handle too.......

Not exactly the feel of an Ingram, huh, Lawdwaz ?

Shaking my head......................

The guy that shoots a Blaser runs a HP? Tooooooooo practical for my taste.

LOL

Shaking my head......................

The guy that shoots a Blaser runs a HP? Tooooooooo practical for my taste.

LOL

I'm an enigma......

Got a new to me Blaser 300 WBY barrel to try out.....should be here mid-week. Gonna put a Kahles 2.5-10 50 TDS redicle for now, had that in the safe. Now I need a hunt so it can wack something with it.

The Shrade Old Timer 152 Sharpfinger.. the only knife I have ever used... I have 3 of them.. the older ones made in the USA with American steel are best...

I have and use the Sharade OT with the guthook for many years. Great steel and holds and edge very well. Currently my go to knife is a Gerber set with replacable blades (guthook, skinner, and small saw). I find the Gerber steel very reliable as well and sharpens quiet easily.

• 2 months later...

My preference is my K-bar with a 4" blade . I've had it for years . It's older than a lot of folks on this site !

After my cabin was broken into and they stole all our hunting knives. I lost two Buck knives with fixed blades and my favorite case knife I had for over 40 years. Replaced them with K-bar's they reminder me of my old case knife. They were excellent for field dressing, no complaints. Bought one for my brother and my son they really liked the feel of the k-bar.

After my cabin was broken into and they stole all our hunting knives. I lost two Buck knives with fixed blades and my favorite case knife I had for over 40 years. Replaced them with K-bar's they reminder me of my old case knife. They were excellent for field dressing, no complaints. Bought one for my brother and my son they really liked the feel of the k-bar.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, that's like losing an old friend.