The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

53 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

Crappy, clearly you have not checked the forecast The temperature is falling,  barometric pressure is rising,  the moon is waxing, and Saturn is in retrograde. Plus the rut is in full effect!!!! Its almost unfair for the deer!!!

Actually, the moon is waning. Will be a new moon (0% illumination) this weekend, which is supposed to be good for deer hunting. :)

9 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Actually, the moon is waning. Will be a new moon (0% illumination) this weekend, which is supposed to be good for deer hunting. :)

I stand corrected. I will be in the woods until Sunday. Hopefully you are right.

• Like 1

Got permission yesterday to hunt a property that I’ve been trying to get permission for since July! Did a quick power scout of the perimeter yesterday afternoon, not wanting to disturb the bedding area. Threw up a stand at 4pm, just so I would have a spot to sit this morning. Will pick a better spot and move the stand after my morning sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Saw 2 bucks and 2 other deer between 8 and 815. They were upwind of me in a thick area. Probably headed to the corn field.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

25 minutes ago, goosifer said:

The Goose is Loose! You hunting this year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Goose is Loose! You hunting this year?

Yes. Will go out this Saturday for the first time.

• Like 3

Plenty of deer on their feet this morning.  Saw a 4pt chasing for a bit.  Two does have posted up at 50yds.  I love live bait!

Looked like a six , no brows , tall but well inside ears . Need one bigger and closer !

4182D66B-11D5-4A0A-8FEA-F9CB10309876.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kmartinson said:

Make the move. Stay downwind and chase them. Still hunt while grunting and bleating from downwind.  Take it to the streets.

Sadly I just still hunted to my office for a few hrs:-(

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Just now, Zag said:

Sadly I just still hunted to my office for a few hrs:-(

Lol, im homeschooling my daughters. Gotta make the donuts.

• Like 1

Man maybe it's the past week of heat, but it's frickin cold!  Gonna switch to fleece baselayer at lunch.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

4 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Man maybe it's the past week of heat, but it's frickin cold!  Gonna switch to fleece baselayer at lunch.

I may have to turn my heated vest up to medium!

After not seeing anything all week this morning has been great. 8 does and a buck. Largest buck I’ve seen while hunting. 9 points. Never seen on any of my three cameras. Chasing a doe fast. I got so focused on trying to make him stop moving at the right time I ignored my range. Sent an arrow over him. Sleeping in the truck, can’t face anyone for a couple days after this failure!!

If I got him on the camera near me I’ll post it later. Good luck guys!

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ADKtracker said:

After not seeing anything all week this morning has been great. 8 does and a buck. Largest buck I’ve seen while hunting. 9 points. Never seen on any of my three cameras. Chasing a doe fast. I got so focused on trying to make him stop moving at the right time I ignored my range. Sent an arrow over him. Sleeping in the truck, can’t face anyone for a couple days after this failure!!

If I got him on the camera near me I’ll post it later. Good luck guys!

image.jpg

Everyone has misses, no shame in it. No one will beat you up more than yourself. Overall, sounds like a fun and successful morning!

• Thanks 1

16 doe 2 buck .

getting down soon ,I gotta put up a couple posted signs across the road , go to town for a turkey club .

this afternoon I’m taking the game right to the bucks , I’ll be in my stand in the thick stuff . The bucks have been pushing the doe out but not following. Fatal mistake !

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

Evidently I'm not looking in the right spot.  Gonna get out soon.  Same spot for the evening sit.

'08 Bowtech Commander

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

can't believe there's been no blood spilled this AM. I'm going to do my best to sit a few hours tonight but it might be tough with work and other obligations.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

37 minutes ago, Belo said:

can't believe there's been no blood spilled this AM. I'm going to do my best to sit a few hours tonight but it might be tough with work and other obligations.

IMHO you cant draw up a better day to bowhunt

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

On 11/8/2020 at 11:10 AM, 2012_taco said:

Congrats to all that scored yesterday and today! Some beautiful deer taken! Sadly, It looks like I'm going to be watching from the sidelines for the next 14 days unless I get a negative test result. Won't get the results until at least Wed. I started getting sick on Friday and woke up with a fever yesterday, went and got a covid test last night. If positive I'm out till the gun opener! Boy, I sure hope Biden comes through with his promise to eliminate this coronavirus crap!

Well it's official, I tested positive for the coronavirus! DAMN! Now my wife is feeling sick, she'll get tested today. I certainly hope i haven't passed it on unknowingly? on a good note, iam feeling better and no fever since Sunday! Good luck to everyone out there today! It looks like a great day to be in the woods.

• Like 3

Hunt when I can.. ;)

7 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Well it's official, I tested positive for the coronavirus! DAMN! Now my wife is feeling sick, she'll get tested today. I certainly hope i haven't passed it on unknowingly? on a good note, iam feeling better and no fever since Sunday! Good luck to everyone out there today! It looks like a great day to be in the woods.

Good luck, Tim. Hope you feel better. After 4 days you can get tested again. If negative, your quarantine is over. So if you feel better, you should do it instead of staying home the extra 10 days for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Glad you are feeling better, Tim ..Good luck to your wife..I am also getting tested today..I learned late yesterday that I  was exposed to a person who now has it about 8 days ago.. I am showing  no symptoms though, so I'm hopeful I dodged the bullet..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Glad you are feeling better, Tim ..Good luck to your wife..I am also getting tested today..I learned late yesterday that I  was exposed to a person who now has it about 8 days ago.. I am showing  no symptoms though, so I'm hopeful I dodged the bullet..

Which way was she facing when you exposed yourself to her? It makes a big deference. lol

Seriosly, Good Luck!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hunt when I can.. ;)

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

When Pygmy says exposed, my head paints a picture.  Good luck!

• Haha 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Hope you're on the upswing Taco.  Positive thoughts for everyone.  Take care Dan.  I'm hoping you dodge a bullet and the bucks don't.

Wind is switching between North and North East . I moved to a ladderstand about 100 yds further up the hill and further east. Pulled a drag past stand