518hunter

Been lurking and finally made an account

Well this is my first year truly hunting. I’m in college and with a cancelled football season this has been my first fall with plenty of time on my hands to truly hunt. I check this forum just about everyday and have learned quite a bit from it. My family hasn’t been huge into hunting except for my grandfather who is unfourtanetly not able to go hunt with me due to his age but I do plan on bringing him out in his wheelchair to chase some squirrels as it would make his year. Done a lot of bow hunting this year, haven’t connected yet and I have made quite a few mistakes but everyday I’m learning some more. I was able to connect on a doe during the early muzzleloader season in the north country and boy that was fun. Just wanted to introduce myself as I read this everyday and decided today was the day I finally make an account. Goodluck to all!

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, 518hunter said:

Well this is my first year truly hunting. I’m in college and with a cancelled football season this has been my first fall with plenty of time on my hands to truly hunt. I check this forum just about everyday and have learned quite a bit from it. My family hasn’t been huge into hunting except for my grandfather who is unfourtanetly not able to go hunt with me due to his age but I do plan on bringing him out in his wheelchair to chase some squirrels as it would make his year. Done a lot of bow hunting this year, haven’t connected yet and I have made quite a few mistakes but everyday I’m learning some more. I was able to connect on a doe during the early muzzleloader season in the north country and boy that was fun. Just wanted to introduce myself as I read this everyday and decided today was the day I finally make an account. Goodluck to all!

Welcome to the forum! And good luck to you as well this season!

• Like 1

Welcome!! So glad to have you finally join us!

You are obviously getting the hang of this hunting thing, with a deer under your belt already! Awesome, congratulations!

Where were you to play football? What area of the capital district are you hunting?

Wishing you best of luck for the remainder of hunting season! Keep safe!

Oh....I bet your grandfather will be so happy to spend a little outdoors time with you too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Welcome!! So glad to have you finally join us!

You are obviously getting the hang of this hunting thing, with a deer under your belt already! Awesome, congratulations!

Where were you to play football? What area of the capital district are you hunting?

Wishing you best of luck for the remainder of hunting season! Keep safe!

Oh....I bet your grandfather will be so happy to spend a little outdoors time with you too!

I play football at UAlbany. I hunt the pine bush with my bow as well as off of my buddy’s farm off of guilderland ave. And yes spending time with my grandpa outdoors is the greatest thing, got to take him fishing this summer and boy we had a blast catching bluegills and the smiles we shared that day were very special. Hopefully we get a chance to take some .22’s out and have some fun even if it ends in just us shooting some old cans. 

• Like 4

Welcome in!  And great of you to get out there with your grandfather.   Hope to hear more from you, and good luck the rest of season and esp on a squirrel or two.   

• Like 1

Welcome from another 518er. Glad to have you aboard. Don't be afraid to post, some very knowledgeable people on here! I am not one of them...lol

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some after squirrel hunt photos of you and and you’re granddad. And congrats on your first deer , if you have a photo post it up.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Welcome! Give the May Spring Turkey Hunting a go  too.

This spring I actually had a very successful turkey season as I harvested a large Tom on public land by myself!

• Like 3

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green