Vaccination

12 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

You do realize a person recovered from rona only has antibodies for about 6 months,after that they can get it again.  sooner if it is a different variant. I have a buddy who had it twice this year. 

Yup, so having rona should be the same as having the vaccine that protects you for 6 months.

3 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You do realize a person recovered from rona only has antibodies for about 6 months,after that they can get it again.  sooner if it is a different variant. I have a buddy who had it twice this year. 

Here is some data on natural vs vaccine vs hybrid immunities if interested.

https://www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20211207/Comparison-of-waning-COVID-19-immunity-between-vaccinated-and-infected-individuals.aspx

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Any thoughts on the msu study.  I believe it states variants are happening more frequently within high vaccinated countries. I don’t ask you to argue but to better understand as you seem informed and level headed in your responses.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jpclett.1c03380?goto=supporting-info

I looked quick, and it seems legit. And makes sense. Vaccination provides selective pressure, and so you get selective expansion of mutations that allow for evasion. It's certainly yet another thing to consider in the constantly evolving game between virus and host. Akin to antibiotic resistant bacteria. What we have to hope is that viral evolution to evade vaccines creates a less virulent strain. It make my head spin...thanks a lot lol!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

No different or actually better the vaccine then . The vaccine is already up to 3 shots ,probably a 4th by Easter. 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Careful. @chef is gonna call it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well the gym posted that on Twitter and were interviewed on the news , but few counties here are doing any enforcement. Even mine with the blue woke county executive, has said they have to study it more .

But it’s all moot, Gov. Kathy Cuomo just folded on the whole thing saying it’s up to each county, most around here already told her to pound salt .

Eddie , Not just Livingston , but, Ontario ,Wayne ,Genesee, even Monroe hasn’t said they would enforce it . 

Mrs Nomad went to the Post Office and two stores today, without a mask, nobody said a thing .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

My kids crew team moved indoors and if double vaxed they can be maskless as they use the machines…7+ kids and one coach popped positive with typical flu-like symptoms. If life was normal, these kids would lay low for a few days and be back by Wednesday…now the facility is closed, kids are locked down for ten days and families and siblings are all being tested having to be subjected to quarantine and missing events. My kid is not positive yet (nor was he tested) but did stay home today. May test tomorrow or Wednesday as his sister has a big musical this weekend and can’t catch a positive. Show just go on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

I don't know.about you,but I would rather get a shot than the rona every 6 months.

People getting it twice is even more rare then the unicorn breakthrough cases. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

I'm literally the only person I know who hasn't reacted badly to the booster. Not a huge deal - a day of feeling like garbage - but be prepared. My wife is all about taking precautions, but even she says that a booster every six months is going to have to be weighed very carefully first, in her mind. I hope it doesn't come to that.

• Like 1