LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Meat in the freezer20211123_165148.thumb.jpg.8b82b5da02f9394c7d2dc03d543c8b46.jpg

Congrats! Beautiful doe! Couldn’t ask for a better welcome back present as you just have me 2 points. Any chance you will be after a buck for yourself this week ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

81b037e2e7c82de8022e098884862aa6.jpg

Finally connected early this morning. Hunting Park in 3N around 7:10 this small eight came from downwind to my left. Was on the move and had to burp twice to get him to stop. 40 yd shot thru some leaves. Did a 180 after shot and ran 50-60 yds. Heart shot pass thru. Small buck but meat in the freezer.

Missed an opportunity on a big six point Sunday in Roscoe. Will be out after Thanksgiving to fill a doe tag.

Good luck to all out there.

• Like 29

Went out for the last hour on a clover field, saw 2 bucks, 1 shooter but they were out of my comfort zone... By about 300 yds. They were at 590 yds, cruising the downwind side of standing corn.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

Congrats! Beautiful doe! Couldn’t ask for a better welcome back present as you just have me 2 points. Any chance you will be after a buck for yourself this week ?

Lol, yes im buck hunting now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, armkb said:

Finally connected early this morning. Hunting Park in 3N around 7:10 this small eight came from downwind to my left. Was on the move and had to burp twice to get him to stop. 40 yd shot thru some leaves. Did a 180 after shot and ran 50-60 yds. Heart shot pass thru. Small buck but meat in the freezer.

Missed an opportunity on a big six point Sunday in Roscoe. Will be out after Thanksgiving to fill a doe tag.

piebald? cool deer. what is a hunting park?

4 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Very nice Rob! First time on cam? Good luck!

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Wow, new guy? Nice buck to move into the neighborhood!

I think I have him on cam already. Have 3 -8s in the area. One is bigger than this guy even just need em to make a daylight move in gun season.  I've seen em in bow but never close enough.

• Like 2

Saw fresh tracks this am and pulled cards and left for an hour and a half. Was gonna go to a different stand but this boy was here at 2 am. Hoping he's on a 12 hr return !  
IMG_20211123_111232684.thumb.jpg.ed8703796ce35a7fbaa1e4c43381d470.jpg
Barrel of a body on that dude! I'll help you drag when you kill him.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Congratz
Very dark deer with some piebald in it.

Went to look for any sign of a hit on the buck I shot at late yesterday. We searched where the buck was standing. We grid searched the entire Woodlot twice. We circled around the woodlot checking every exit trail. Nothing found at all. Except tons of fresh scrapes and rubs. Thankfully it was a clean miss. First time in about 20 years.

I'd like to thank a member here, who I have a ton of respect for. He knows who he is. He text me this morning with positive feed back. And these words..

"I live with my shots. It ain't always pretty. I try to learn from it. And don't dwell on it".

The words of a world class hunter, and friend. I'll carry them with me, and move on.

• Like 11