2021 Bow Season Count Down

Red

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It is officially fall!  My front porch 

I have quite a few black locust trees and they started turning brown a couple of weeks ago. This morning was 47 degrees on top of the hill and it was "snowing" leaves when I left this morning. Made me feel like I'M NOT READY!

So there's actually a church in Henrietta (about 30 minutes from my house) that has this great setup. There are 4 or 5 towers, each with platforms at 10, 15, 20 feet (i think), and probably 20 or so total targets at different ranges. Totally free (donations welcome) and open to the public. The only downside for me is that it's only open Thursdays from 5-dusk weather permitting during August and Sept. I try to get out there at least once per year.

My hunting buddy sent me a picture from a property he can hunt and it had 5 bucks in the picture 2 10s, 2 8s and a 5. This afternoon he sent me a picture he got from his cell cam at 9am this morning the 5 and one of the 8s had shed their velvet and were posturing each other in the picture.  

• Like 2

Man with this new early season pushing up the season start date (for some), someone needs to start up the 2021 Live from the Woods thread! [mention=762]Chef[/mention] - you going to coordinate the regional showdown this year?

It seems as though @robhuntandfish has a new game going. Let’s give that one a chance this year. It looks like it could be a lot of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer. Clothes are getting washed Monday broadheads are all sharpened and in the quiver.  I have an idea on my opening day spot just waiting to see what the weather will be.   Just have to go through my pack and get some milk weed.  

Just looked at my schedule after tomorrow's shift I have 6 shifts left before the season.  Then I have 20 days off from opener until October 27th. (Not in a row)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Like Swamp_bucks said , care to share the Recipe ?

18 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Care to share the brew?

19 oz water, 1 oz martins 10% permethrin. I go 1.5 oz and make it a bit stronger.  Do not get the Gordons brand, its oil based, martins is water based just like sawyers, no odor. 17378.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 1