CUOMO DID IT

27 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

What was there ? Like 170 witnesses ,they must have all been singing the same tune.

It’s striking how much pressure is on investigators to eliminate any appearance of operating within a political system as they operate within one. It gets to a point where they’re afraid to issue reasonable charges or prosecutorial recommendations lest they too come under the microscope. Cuomo no longer has the standing to be governor. I hope there are other viable paths to his ousting if he chooses not to resign. 

We saw a similar story with James Comey.  He was a Republican appointed FBI director who saw Trump for the utter clown that he is. He assumed that there was no way Trump stood chance and so he violated FBI protocol and announced that a Hilary aid was under investigation because of a laptop they had recovered from her philandering husband (you can’t make this stuff up). Of course there was nothing there just like there was nothing with the server. But the optics changed and this singular attempt motivated by a false sense of political transparency, even as it violated FBI protocol to not speak about ongoing investigations, gave the country 4 years of what is arguably the worst president in the nation’s history. 

The country held on initially, propelled by the momentum of the Obama economy (look at growth rates, the trend was there long before Trump took office). Unfortunately a crisis hit and Trump’s inadequacies and failures in leadership were too large to overcome. I hope the GOP shapes up and can put forth a candidate worthy of the office. 

Strange times my friends. 4 weeks to early goose season. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It’s striking how much pressure is on investigators to eliminate any appearance of operating within a political system as they operate within one. It gets to a point where they’re afraid to issue reasonable charges or prosecutorial recommendations lest they too come under the microscope. Cuomo no longer has the standing to be governor. I hope there are other viable paths to his ousting if he chooses not to resign. 

We saw a similar story with James Comey.  He was a Republican appointed FBI director who saw Trump for the utter clown that he is. He assumed that there was no way Trump stood chance and so he violated FBI protocol and announced that a Hilary aid was under investigation because of a laptop they had recovered from her philandering husband (you can’t make this stuff up). Of course there was nothing there just like there was nothing with the server. But the optics changed and this singular attempt motivated by a false sense of political transparency, even as it violated FBI protocol to not speak about ongoing investigations, gave the country 4 years of what is arguably the worst president in the nation’s history. 

The country held on initially, propelled by the momentum of the Obama economy (look at growth rates, the trend was there long before Trump took office). Unfortunately a crisis hit and Trump’s inadequacies and failures in leadership were too large to overcome. I hope the GOP shapes up and can put forth a candidate worthy of the office. 

Now do Clinesmith who got probation and $100 dollar fine.

It was/is all over the news, all news, left-right-middle.

I have my doubts anything will come of it, he won't step down on his own merit that's for sure. Let's hope seeing even the Democrats were calling for him to step down from the beginning they will force him to go away. Should be an interesting few days for this state.

19 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I'll take 4 more years of trump any time.

• Like 6