Merry COVID Christmas!

Don_C

It looks like my wife and I will be spending Christmas and New Years alone this year, as well our boys, some friends and the boys’ in-laws. - Last Wednesday our youngest had a gender reveal party at our place, ITS A BOY!!! Yeah!!! - Saturday he was diagnosed with the COVID. Can’t make this crap up any more.

Today my wife and I both became ill (not seriously), as well as my daughter in law, not the pregnant one. We are all getting tested tomorrow, but positive or not we will all be quarantined through the holidays. We were planning a trip to Pittsburgh to visit my family but two brothers in law tested positive yesterday. Crazy.

My son and wife who are having the baby just closed on their first house last week and not only won’t they be together but now can’t even make the move before Christmas. What was going to be the best holiday season ever for our family is now a mess. We are all vaccinated, we are all responsible when out in public, and still it has hit us.

My wife and I plan on cooking our traditional Christmas Eve and Day meals and somehow delivering to everyone, drop off gifts and face time with our Granddaughter. I just don’t know what to even think of all this BS anymore, but it all became real really fast for us.

I was also hoping to get out for the new late season after missing all of bow and most of gun season with a multitude of illnesses. I guess that’s up in the air now too. As long as I’m. Not “sick, sick” I’ll quarantine in my truck and tree I guess. Anyway, I’m. Not really complaining, many have things much more difficult and painful to deal with, I guess I’m just venting a little, but I know I’m blessed in many ways and we will certainly find a way to laugh, share and have some fun over the holidays.

Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Don_C said:

It looks like my wife and I will be spending Christmas and New Years alone this year, as well our boys, some friends and the boys’ in-laws. - Last Wednesday our youngest had a gender reveal party at our place, ITS A BOY!!! Yeah!!! - Saturday he was diagnosed with the COVID. Can’t make this crap up any more.

Today my wife and I both became ill (not seriously), as well as my daughter in law, not the pregnant one. We are all getting tested tomorrow, but positive or not we will all be quarantined through the holidays. We were planning a trip to Pittsburgh to visit my family but two brothers in law tested positive yesterday. Crazy.

My son and wife who are having the baby just closed on their first house last week and not only won’t they be together but now can’t even make the move before Christmas. What was going to be the best holiday season ever for our family is now a mess. We are all vaccinated, we are all responsible when out in public, and still it has hit us.

My wife and I plan on cooking our traditional Christmas Eve and Day meals and somehow delivering to everyone, drop off gifts and face time with our Granddaughter. I just don’t know what to even think of all this BS anymore, but it all became real really fast for us.

I was also hoping to get out for the new late season after missing all of bow and most of gun season with a multitude of illnesses. I guess that’s up in the air now too. As long as I’m. Not “sick, sick” I’ll quarantine in my truck and tree I guess. Anyway, I’m. Not really complaining, many have things much more difficult and painful to deal with, I guess I’m just venting a little, but I know I’m blessed in many ways and we will certainly find a way to laugh, share and have some fun over the holidays.

At this point there isn’t much we can do except try to do our best to stay healthy. I think everyone is going to get this at some point. You seem to have a lot going on which makes it tougher. Getting everyone healthy is the most important thing. After that everything will fall into place. Any there is nothing wrong with quarantining  in the woods. Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_C said:

We all just got over covid and for us the most suckiest part was the 10 day quarantine hopefully you have the same luck as us where we had no bad symptoms and after the 4th day it was just a bad cold... Keep your head up

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I am feeling OK, I can still work from home and can deal with the relatively mild symptoms. My wife got pretty sick overnight. We weren’t able to get tested yesterday so we came back this morning and we’re told to wait in our vehicle for up to 2 hours and they will get us in. It’s all so crazy, but there’s really nothing you can do.

Hope you feel better.  Our Christmas get together was canceled  by MIL. As wifes nephew  and in-law refuse to get the shot . MIL says we shouldn't have a party if everyone  doesn't feel safe . Yet she won't tell them to stay home because  they won't get the shot ... go figure . I keep telling  her to change the TV channel  from msnbc.. she won't listen . Wife has to work Christmas day ... no party at MIL..  kids are all going to there inlaws... looks like I'm going fishing  .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Hope you feel better.  Our Christmas get together was canceled  by MIL. As wifes nephew  and in-law refuse to get the shot . MIL says we shouldn't have a party if everyone  doesn't feel safe . Yet she won't tell them to stay home because  they won't get the shot ... go figure . I keep telling  her to change the TV channel  from msnbc.. she won't listen . Wife has to work Christmas day ... no party at MIL..  kids are all going to there inlaws... looks like I'm going fishing  .

Not for nothing but everybody at my house had both the fpeizer shots and wer fully vaxed and they still got covid the shot is not a guarantee...

Edited by silent death

35 minutes ago, silent death said:

Not for nothing but everybody at my house had both the fpeizer shots and wer fully vaxed and they still got covid the shot is not a guarantee...

Oh I get that ... she doesn't. She believes every thing Brandon , Faucie and Lester says  is the gospel . " CHANGE THE CHANNEL  DELORES !!!!!! LOL 

Well my wife has covid, she is vaxxed as her job requires. She is a special education principal so we kinda new she would get it at some point. So far she is fine but we had to cancel numerous plans along with family and friends staying at our house. For me I'm cool with it, life is life make lemonade out of lemons but wife is sad to miss people around Christmas. 

I'm not vaxxed feeling good so far also tested negative.  Tried to convince my wife I needed to stay at a hotel near a local gentleman club but she said I might catch a worse disease. So here I sit waiting for my wife to get me sick.

I have a big meeting tomorrow biggest in my life, so not sure how to handle it but I really could care less lol

• Like 1