Can’t take it anymore

Swamp_bucks

Tired of not having my pistol permit so I went and picked up the application this morning for me and the wife.   She’s been asking for a year or so now for me to get them for us and I’ve been dragging my feet for no real reason. 

I’ve been eyeing the Ruger LCPs and a couple Taurus models.  Want a 9mm to carry and the wife wants a 380. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Tired of not having my pistol permit so I went and picked up the application this morning for me and the wife.   She’s been asking for a year or so now for me to get them for us and I’ve been dragging my feet for no real reason. 

I’ve been eyeing the Ruger LCPs and a couple Taurus models.  Want a 9mm to carry and the wife wants a 380. 

Today is a fine day to get into it.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Turn around I’ve been told in mine is roughly 6weeks. Friends wife just got hers last year took 4 weeks

Holy cow, that's amazing. I got my permit in 1999 and it took months. My best friend just got hers last year and it took almost a year!

41 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Turn around I’ve been told in mine is roughly 6weeks. Friends wife just got hers last year took 4 weeks

That’s pretty good. My cousin had an appt for November of last year. Due to death in the family had to cancel. Gave her an appt for November of this year to turn in her paperwork. It is crazy how long the wait is.  Each county should have one judge that does nothing but permits since these wait times are so long. 
if you know someone in the sheriffs department use them if they are willing. Your wait could be cut in half, or more. 

3 minutes ago, boo711 said:

That’s pretty good. My cousin had an appt for November of last year. Due to death in the family had to cancel. Gave her an appt for November of this year to turn in her paperwork. It is crazy how long the wait is.  Each county should have one judge that does nothing but permits since these wait times are so long. 
if you know someone in the sheriffs department use them if they are willing. Your wait could be cut in half, or more. 

Everyone told me longest part is waiting for finger print appointments. 

I've been after family member to get a permit.  If I kick the bucket, you'll be amazed how fast the State Troopers come to your house to collect them.  That NY gun registration assures that. 

When my FIL passed, they were there in first week after we got him in the ground.  We had to move them onto a permit to get them back and that had to go through the Executor.   Write your pistols in your will if you want someone that appreciates them to get them.

SIL just moved to Saratoga County but needs more residency to apply.

• Like 1

@Swamp_bucksMy daughter just had hers done a few weeks ago. All appts are made online. Appts were 10 minute apart. She got online the Tuesday after the Super Bowl. Made an appt for that Thursday.  That is through the company the county wants you to use.   Don’t know if it the same company in your county. Her best friends dad is a sheriff. He took paperwork and dropped it off the next day. She went last week to sign all the paperwork and have her photo for the application taken. 
That is why I said if you know someone, use them if they are willing to help you. She didn’t have an appt to turn paperwork in. My cousin is waiting over a year to turn hers in. 

Edited by boo711
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Not sure what county you're in, A friend of mine just got his in 1.5months, He's in Alleghany, and there was no Sherriff meeting with the people whom he had sign for him. 

Best of Luck, I need to recertify so i can go get another new one..  

It amazes me how much different the laws are from state to state . I called my local police dept for an appointment for fingerprinting . They only do it once a week and it just happened to be the day I called. They had an opening for an appointment that afternoon which I took. Went in early and filled out the application and got fingerprinted . Left the station to get my 2 required character witness signatures and brought it back . They send everything to the State Police that run a full back round through the Feds and the state criminal record system , plus through the state court system to check for any pending criminal or domestic cases just in case you lied on the application They told me to check back in 2 weeks . I got a call from the police lieutenant 3 days later to come pick up my full no restriction concealed carry permit .

The only reason I went for the permit was our bitch Governor at the time , Maggie Hassan wanted to pass state legislation for a 60 day waiting period to buy a handgun , and a 90 day waiting period for back round checks for a concealed carry permit .  Since then , New Hampshire passed legislation that you dont need a permit to open carry under our Republican Governor Chris Sununu . Best Governor this state has had since his dad John Sununu was Governor 39 years ago. 

17 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Not sure what county you're in, A friend of mine just got his in 1.5months, He's in Alleghany, and there was no Sherriff meeting with the people whom he had sign for him. 

Best of Luck, I need to recertify so i can go get another new one..  

another permit or pistol??  

26 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Make sure to say for hunting and target practicing. Don't say for protection purposes. Know a guy who said that with interview with trooper. He didn't get his. I'm in Clinton county. My wife and I are getting ours also with everything that's happening in this world. Plus traveling you never know who your gonna meet.

It varies by county , here in Monroe County self defense ,is what I listed close to 40 years ago, what my wife listed 30, and our kids did about 5 and 2 years ago . There’s no interview either, other then a short phone call, after references are all called .

Once you get NYS get Fla as it’s honored in like 38 states ,then learn the process for traveling through those that don’t . Although in some of those states the process is considered an affirmative defense , you’ll be charged but you can bring it up at your trail .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I really like my LCP. Probably carry it the most for convenience. I recommend the desantis superfly pocket holster. I also bought the model with the laser which I think is for sure worth the extra money too.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It varies by county , here in Monroe County self defense ,is what I listed close to 40 years ago, what my wife listed 30, and our kids did about 5 and 2 years ago . There’s no interview either, other then a short phone call, after references are all called .

Once you get NYS get Fla as it’s honored in like 38 states ,then learn the process for traveling through those that don’t . Although in some of those states the process is considered an affirmative defense , you’ll be charged but you can bring it up at your trail .

Good to know. Im wondering how it will be to get me being a veteran with PTSD. Probably shouldn't waste my money. But my wife will get hers. But I know alot of vets in my situation have there's so we'll see. I'm going to also apply in Georgia where I spend alot of time also.