I killed "Mr. Clean"

wooly

I hunted behind the house last night where I started camming this summer. I was hopeing to run into Six-zilla or Kong but instead I got an oppertunity this morning at another farmiliar buck from summer and I was determined to take advantage of it!

Good ole "Mr. Clean" is now a statistic of the regular season! :)

He made his appearance about an hour into my sit this AM. He came in behind me somehow never winding me. I wasn't expecting any deer from that way but it didn't matter. When he came through at 40yds I let out a mahhh to stop him. He stopped in his tracks right behind a tree with only his head and azz viewable to me. He quickly forgot what he heard and took the last step I needed him to.

I dropped the hammer and watched him run off like he wasn't even hit. I was confused how I could miss such a crack-shot......

BUT...., when he hit the 100yd mark he slowed to a walk. He flicked his tail a few times, walked another 20yds, and fell over dead as can be! The shot was perfect double lung. It just amazed me how a dead deer running still makes escape look so calculated and gracefull.

I'm really happy to have taken this buck, but I'm feelin my enthusiasm for deer hunting may be wearing thin. There's a good chance this will be my last kill for a while. I may just need a break from hunting for a season or two.

Couple shots of him from summer..

PRMS0029-1.jpg

PRMS0028.jpg

...and the field photos!

102_1516_filtered.jpg

_CSC0045_filtered.jpg

_CSC0039_filtered.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks gang!

I got a doe tag left to fill but I think I will call it quits at this point

I got all the meat I can eat in a year now with 2 in the freezer.

I'll probably get another early start on shed season now and see how many oldies I missed last year. Probably start doing a lot of photography stuff again to keep me occupied in the great outdoors! Thanks again for the comments! (edit- reached my max "like" quota for the day- Didn't know we had one- I'll catch up with the rest of you tomorrow,lol)

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...