New Deer Hunting Show on History Channel

nyantler

well I smoke. have no problem killing deer Nor do I have a problem being called a red neck

call me what you want I am out there for the same reason as most enjoy the outdoors & eating VeniI have killed more deer bowhunting then I have with my rifle & most have been less then 30 yards

I think they like my Marlboro's

& how the heck do you know who is or is not a determined surgical hunter. I shoot my bow 365 days a year whether it is only a couple arrows or 3 dozen arrows

I hunt every day of hunting season & consider myself pretty successful at it

well nuff said got to go have a smoke

from a hunter's point of view, it's probably a more accurate depiction of the average group of guys that hunt together than the shows made up of professional hunters that sit around after the hunt, eat expertly prepared meals and drink from their red cups while acting like choir boys watching video replays of the days hunt and footage from the trail cameras.......that's all after they drive back into their $500,000.00 garage with their badboy buggy after laying the smack down on a mack daddy  buck.

Sure Is!!!

If you see nothing wrong with smoking in your stand that's fine. I realize everyone isn't as serious about hunting as others, but you'd sure as hell never hunt one of my stands and leave butts in the tree. Playing the wind is fine but I've killed plenty of deer upwind with good movement and sent control. I know I'm not alone. Enjoy cancer and decreased odds.

i've watch the show enjoyed it from what i've seen its more entertaining than the ''pros'' in the [hunting business ] they got more ads on them then a nascar race car  iwas just watching one show about turkrys if they mentioned the motorized dirty bird jake decoy one more time i'd puke [ imagine using that on state land haha .or any land you dont know whos t in the woods] or mention jim bobs guide and outfitter service   [OH MAN, really folks you gotta come down check it out ]

If you see nothing wrong with smoking in your stand that's fine. I realize everyone isn't as serious about hunting as others, but you'd sure as hell never hunt one of my stands and leave butts in the tree. Playing the wind is fine but I've killed plenty of deer upwind with good movement and sent control. I know I'm not alone. Enjoy cancer and decreased odds.

For a good many years, I smoked on my deer stands. I will not say that it absolutely didn't cost me a deer or two here and there ..... probably did. But I also have been pretty successful over the years with my hunting.

I believe it's been about 5 years since I quit smoking, and I really can't say that its made any significant difference in my deer-take. One thing is for sure, now that I no longer smoke, I have not wasted even one minute with the usual "I quit smoking - why can't you" nonsense. It really serves no purpose for me to adopt that air of superiority and trying to insert myself into the personal lives of others. I didn't like that freaky posturing back when I smoked, and I still find it a bit difficult to put up with even now.

Belo who do you think you are?

what makes you think because I smoke I am not serious about my hunting & that we all leave butts in the tree.

Stop stereotyping

I do not leave butts ANYWHERE.  EVERYTHING I pack in gets packed out along with other trash I find I can tell you I see a lot of nonsmokers who just walk past trash.

& doesn't matter if I am hunting in NH or NY

Belo who do you think you are?

what makes you think because I smoke I am not serious about my hunting & that we all leave butts in the tree.

Stop stereotyping

I do not leave butts ANYWHERE.  EVERYTHING I pack in gets packed out along with other trash I find I can tell you I see a lot of nonsmokers who just walk past trash.

& doesn't matter if I am hunting in NH or NY

I don't recall calling you anything or insinuating you did anything. The topic is on the tv show "chasing tail" in which I commented the hunter who leaves cig butts in a tree enriches the stereotype of a redneck hunter. I also only claimed that someone who did this wouldn't be allowed in my stands. I never said they should be banned from hunting or that they were a bad human being.

For what it's worth, when I think of how hunting began in north america it was done for food, a right of passage and to hone ones skills as a warrior. It was an act of skill, stealth, camo and scent control. I understand that this is not how hunting is in our current era and I may be in the minority on a board that's so pro xbow but I know i'm not alone and when I really think about hunting this is what I picture:

images_zps55d00378.jpg

not this

tumblr_la9aa31N6P1qba5ru_zpsf75558fb.jpg

Edited by Belo

Belo, you do realize that the general portrayal of how Native Americans hunted is highly romanticized, right? It was not a sport to them, and they used many tactics that would make alot of people cringe. The sport type of hunting we do nowdays doesnt have much at all in common with the type of sustenance hunting that took place back then.

Can't say I am a fan of the show, but not exactly hating it becasue it is different than other shows....its not a hunting show, it's a reality show where hunting is the cause that gathers these people. Just like Jersey Shore....it wasn't about the shore/partying, although that is what brought that group together. Just like Duck Dynasty...same thing....

the show is beyond staged, and gives hunters a bad name.  These guys are a bunch of clowns, that buck the young kid shot was a dink.  And they are "after big bucks" blah blah they aint getting big when you shoot lil 2 year olds.  These clowns should stay in VT, it seems like a rich kid who couldn't get it together to make it down in the wealthy environment he grew up in and moved up to VT and wants to come back down and make easy money with the show i bet his rich parents put this together for him.  I think they way they talk about him feeding the ppl BS to get spots is bad for all of us.  Makes all us hunters trying to get permission sound like a bunch of used car salesmen.  I hate it and they have no respect for laws, walking through ppls property saying omg i can see what they are eating...that will make people feel a bit on edge knowing "hunters" (absolute clowns) are walking through their land with weapons and peeking in windows.

• Like 1

Lol i cant believe this thread is still going if you like it watch it if not don't its pretty simple. I didn't think these guys looked like the best bunch of hunters. Some of the shots didn't look good to me and i would go crazy with the smoking but i'm going to continue to watch just for some laughs and entertainment.

John

the show is beyond staged, and gives hunters a bad name.  These guys are a bunch of clowns, that buck the young kid shot was a dink.  And they are "after big bucks" blah blah they aint getting big when you shoot lil 2 year olds. 

Sorry, but with that kind of attitude, you are the type giving the rest of us a bad name.

the show is beyond staged, and gives hunters a bad name.  These guys are a bunch of clowns, that buck the young kid shot was a dink.  And they are "after big bucks" blah blah they aint getting big when you shoot lil 2 year olds.  These clowns should stay in VT, it seems like a rich kid who couldn't get it together to make it down in the wealthy environment he grew up in and moved up to VT and wants to come back down and make easy money with the show i bet his rich parents put this together for him.  I think they way they talk about him feeding the ppl BS to get spots is bad for all of us.  Makes all us hunters trying to get permission sound like a bunch of used car salesmen.  I hate it and they have no respect for laws, walking through ppls property saying omg i can see what they are eating...that will make people feel a bit on edge knowing "hunters" (absolute clowns) are walking through their land with weapons and peeking in windows.

Uggh, im like real close to banning myself from forums until I have something good to input. All I see is bashing and more bashing. Can't we all just get along?

you must be having a bad day..lol

I'm pretty sure the people who own the land want as many deer killed is possible, if these guys only hunted to shoot big deer, that would defeat the purpose of allowing these guys on their property.......and like I said before, allow a camera crew to film most of our hunting camps for a season and I'm sure a lot of us would look like morons if it was put on tv, every camp has a smoker, loud mouth, guy who thinks he's smarter then everyone else, you name it.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the people who own the land want as many deer killed is possible, if these guys only hunted to shoot big deer, that would defeat the purpose of allowing these guys on their property.......and like I said before, allow a camera crew to film most of our hunting camps for a season and I'm sure a lot of us would look like morons if it was put on tv, every camp has a smoker, loud mouth, guy who thinks he's smarter then everyone else, you name it.

i believe they have to kill 3 doe before they earn their buck tag. I think in some parts of this state that would be a great idea. I'd only be concerned that some people would just senselessly kill some doe to earn their "horns". I know hunters that don't even like venison.

Edited by Belo