What a $7 euro looks like...

wooly

Well, I finally got around to wrapping up the euro of my last dead buck find. My last hike I grabbed an old rough cut plank from an old abandoned stand site and brought it home for my plaque. One knotty section I really liked in this board that I really hoped I could make it work with what I was doing.

Nothing fancy here. I just cut my shape with a jigsaw, sanded the snot out of it, and sprayed it with a good coat of Krylon semi-gloss satin finish.

101_2000_zpsf5d0f503.jpg

Here you can see the wood grain around the knot I was after. It looks like this hunk o' lumber was made for this skull.

101_2001_zps8361e9dd.jpg

Since I wanted to do some sort of raised table mount display I needed to add some feet. I used a couple of antlers me and Red cut off a dead buck this winter while shed hunting and they worked out great! For now I just have them Super-Glued on, but I'll have to set a couple screws through the front even though it's pretty solid. Then I cut some pieces from an old bicycle tire tube and glued them on the antler tips and the front edge of the plaque so it doesn't slide all over the place.

101_2015_zps3c18286d.jpg

Here's a look from behind..

101_2009_zps8d86663f.jpg

That's all she wrote! I gotta putty the nail hole in the front of it and drill the legs, but here's the finished product for the most part! Total cost of $7 for the can of clear coat and tube of glue.

101_2002_zps55683899.jpg

101_2004_zps7c572b75.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys!

Not sure what he would score Pav. Only measurements I took are 19" spread and 10pts..... gotta be close to 190" with that info,lol

His right side is real weak.

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...