Antler Restriction Poll

jjb4900

Instead of everyone adding their thoughts on Antler Restrictions into every post about deer hunting, it would be nice if we could restrict it to one thread and see everyone's opinions in one spot. All I ask is your first word should be agree with them or disagree with them, after that you can add whatever you want to the discussion.

Edited by jjb4900

I kinda stand on the fence, see the pros and cons pros= better antler in the geene pool, giving bucks the chance to reach a certain potential , more bucks running around , cons,= kids first buck not having to wait, people who really depend on the meat and AR could decrease there opportunity to fill the freezer,

it all really comes down to why your really hunting , for the tradtion of it and hunting for the sole purpose to have the venison, or just for bragging rights of a giant xxx" p&y or booner, I see more and more people fighting and ruining relationships over antlers its truely sad, it should not be what the sport is about, in my opinion, yea I hold out for a big buck but come crunch time seasons coming to an end, I'm and most definitely not eating tag soup, I pay thousands of dollars for equipment , 100$ for a licence, all seems like a waste to me I spend the money only to have the excuse of why I was not successful because I didnt get. A shot at a big mature buck, Just my 2 cents, but each to their own

I disagree strongly. In my opinion antlers and greedy hunters are the number one cause of dwindling hunter numbers. Land gets leased up and people that hunted there for years are suddenly looking for a new spot.

Not everyone is a die hard hunter. They get turned down at a few places and just say the heck with it. They remember the old days when it was a war zone in the state lands and won't go there. Now, not only did you lose that hunter, but you lost his children probably too.

I know more and more of the posters on this site are leasing land. I hope you can keep the fun in your deer hunting. For me personally, if I had to spend a grand just to hunt, I would be one of the guys that just give it up. I like my deer hunting to be enjoyable and open to anyone that has the common courtesy to ask just the same as me.

The bad part about my opinion is that we have lost so many of the small farms that if leasing the hunting rights is all that can keep them afloat, then how can

i blame them?

I am just a middle aged man tasting sour grapes over the way TV has ruined the comraderie and hunting camp life of the gun season. I don't even take vacation in gun season anymore. I use it during bow season and only hunt the weekends and holiday during the regular season because the excitement just is not there anymore because the hunters just aren't out there after the first weekend.