Whats your Gun season go to tool?

apoallo

Savage model 110 bold action, Bushnell 3-9 : 40mm, 30-06 w/federal 165 grain sierra bow tail was my main gun for a long time.  I have been using my Winchester model 94 AE in 44 Mag for about 14-15 years as my main gun 240 grain-300 grain open sights.  Old school this year with a 30-30 topped off with a Leupold 2-7 :30MM testing ammo...

For over 20 years, my Ruger ultra light .308 bolt with 1.5x5 Leopold. I added a competition firing pin and spring and Timney trigger, glass bedded. Strictly my own Speer 165 gr. Spitzers.

I am hoping to have back from the gunsmiths with time to final tune and sight the rifle Dad always carried, and I shot my first buck with, an Oberndorf 8x57 Mauser. It is being drilled and tapped, and will wear the same scope as my Ruger. Another Timney and firing pin/spring will be added. Also my own reloads- 175 grain Sierra spritzers.

If I am in Rifle area it is my Remington 700 BDL. Vortex illuminated scope and hand loads topped with Sierra Game Kings. If I am shotgun only it is My Encore ML with Vortex Illuminated scope, 150 grains of 777 and 250 gr shockwaves.

Culver..You forgot to say what cartridge your 700 is chambered for..

I see  that you're a Vortex fan, like WnyBuckhunter...

Are you guys SWEET on each other...?...<< wink >>....

There are other calibers...But if you have a 30-06 you certainly don't NEED another caliber....

But then, the same could be said about  8 or 10 OTHER chamberings, but probably none would be as versatile or as user friendly as the 30 -06...

I still suspect that you and WnyBuckhunter are sweet for each for each other due to that VORTEX thing...<<grin>>..

I have a Remington 700, in 30-06 that I bought close to 30 years ago. I Took a ton of deer with it but retired it  4 or 5 years ago after acquiring the 7mm-08. After reading the last couple posts.....

I just might have to "let it play" this year.

I love my Thompson Center Impact .50 caliber with 3-9X40 simmons scope, Blackhorn 209 powder, and Barnes TMZ 250Gr all copper round. This shoots well and I can use it in Ohio (no rifles) where I hunt half the time. This is my go to gun.

In NY I do like to take out my Remington 700 ADL in 30-06 which is topped with a 3-9X40 Banner Bushnell and firing Hornady SST 165Gr. I wish I had the opportunity to use this more but reserve this as my NY rifle. I load the 180gr Hornady for bear.

I purchased a Virginian Dragoon .44mag, 7.5" barrel this summer and love this beautiful and stout pistol. I look forward to using on deer this year but cannot bring to NY. It would seem that a license holder or better a lifetime license holder could use a pistol to hunt. I respect that it is the law and I abide but just wish I could.