New Home with land

nybuckboy

looks nice.  definitely some huntable ground.  It looks like it could hunt better than other properties I've seen over 3 times the size.  many places are setup poorly.  deer traveling from bed to food and back go through neighboring properties. therefore your choice of what deer to kill won't mean as much without your neighbor having the same view.  you can plant cover on other side of road to shield any view of food/ag plots from road peepers or hunters.  you've got easy enough access to most of it.  setup right you could probably hold deer, with exception of rutting activity.  everything else that you've said that's non hunting related seems good too.

• Like 1

The property is a bowl shape with the pond the low point with a creek that runs north-south and very close and just east of the pond. It crosses the power line just inside the property boundary on the north and exits just below the smaller spill over pond. The house is never visible from the road either.

That is a power line and from what I understand you can plant food plots there. The power company trims it out every few years.

Power company will come through every 7 years. It is actually outsources the trimming to another company. They will try to get in touch with you before they spray or cut.

I lease a field to a farmer that goes under the power lines, they do not bother with that area. Any trees that start growing to big or tall will be cut and vegetation sprayed. 

They did a number on the corner of my property this year. Cut right up to one of my tree stands. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Closed on the property on May 12th. Now the daunting task of packing up the old house, getting rid of some things, selling some things and then gathering up the dozen tree stands from the land I been hunting for the past 15 years. Probably will leave a stand or 2 at the old land just for a change too. There are trout, bass, grass carp and going to introduce catfish soon to the ponds. Can't wait to till up a few spots for some plots and get some cameras out. Always see deer just after dark in the area.

• Like 3