Tremor

prfsn24

Killed my best deer(by 60 inches) to date this weekend after Saturdays rain in Orange County. He green scored 167/164 net when we measured him at the taxidermist. He's a perfect text book 10. I got permission to hunt this deer finally after 3 years two days before I shot him at 22 yards. He was aged at 4.5 and we were able to get pictures of him for the last 3 years from people around the area. I have some awesome trail camera pictures of him with another 115 8 pointer two days before.

I named him Tremor after I saw him at first light on opening morning and realized how big he was. Talk about buck fever when he finally walked in on Saturday!! He ran about 100 yards and crashed. I think i only climbed down about 5ft before I just jumped out of my climbing stand to run to my buddies and tell him(not the best post shot procedure).

I now have to wait the 90 day drying period to get an official score but hopefully there isn't too much shrinkage. What amazing weekend with a buck of a life time.

post-472-0-64017600-1412651796_thumb.jpg

post-472-0-27003300-1412651823_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Congrats on an awesome deer!   What strategy did you use to get this old giant? Were you close to his bedding area?

If I ever shoot one like that I'd be floored.

I knew of him for the last couple years but didnt have much of a choice on where to hunt. I was given permission on one little 5 acre piece of land to hunt that happen to be a big White Oak flat with a funnel coming into it. I put my stand at the end of the funnel and hoped for the best. 

OH MAN!!!  What a BUCK!!!

You know what they say........This is AMERICA and.......HARD WORK WINS IN AMERICA!!!  That's perseverance and dedication; over 3 years worth.  Although I don't blame you,  he's a stud and I'm sure he's passed his genes on to a few!!!

Great job!!!