Wow, this forum provider REALLY doesn't want people to use it, does it?

cas

I've never seen forum software so overloaded with ads, good lord. And forget trying to view it without logging in, opt up and "sidebar" ads that block the whole screen that I can't close out.  What a shame. :(

1002935245_Screenshot2023-07-25at9_24_21PM.thumb.png.4e3851ecadc2494033e838b9a10b0abf.png

It's all making sense now!   I have a pair of the Skims thong panties on my desk right now!  Seriously.  lol   Not too long ago I bought something online, maybe on Amazon?  I can't recall now if it was reloading related, or archery related? I think the latter.  In the box was this little plastic envelope that said Skims (I thought it said "Skins"), I looked at it and thought "Did I order something else I don't remember? Did I buy mole skin for my bow? I know I wanted to, but I didn't think I had?"  What was in the package was the right color.  So I opened it up and it was this tiny little pair of thong panties!  WTF!??

I couldn't figure out why some sporting goods company would even have them, let along send them with what I ordered. Now I know! There's some kind of tie in from the website! :D 

Edited by cas

And before you ask, I look damn sexy in them.  :spruceup:

(Good lord, I could probably put them around just one leg. If I could put them on they'd completely disappear!) :mosking:

• Haha 2

If you are referring to this site , I don't have a problem . 

I have my screen size enlarged so I don't get any ads or anything on the side . I get something at the top of the screen but when I start scanning down the screen I don't have any . Easy peasy ..........

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Are the ads the funding to keep this forum operating?  You make the call.

Don’t know. Getting a little ridiculous. Every time I open any topic I get a full page add. EVERYTIME!!  Doesn’t matter if on phone or laptop

Forums-message boards are not free, funds come from one of two places. The forum owner can pay for the costs out of pocket or various ads attached to the forum can fund costs. 

Takes a second to delete the pop up ad on this board if not interested, no big deal as far as I am concerned.

Al

• Like 3

2 hours ago, airedale said:

Forums-message boards are not free, funds come from one of two places. The forum owner can pay for the costs out of pocket or various ads attached to the forum can fund costs. 

Takes a second to delete the pop up ad on this board if not interested, no big deal as far as I am concerned.

Al

Exactly. And a quick look at the other hunting site shows many ad’s one has to fish thru. Although the full page every time is different for sure. 

Funny how some will make every excuse in the book to defend this forum.  The reality is that it's a complete bust in every way.  No new members allowed, very little activity, ads coming out of it's ears, home page last updated five years ago, etc. etc.  A complete joke of a forum.   And NO, I have never registered onto the new forum before someone accuses me of that.

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. And a quick look at the other hunting site shows many ad’s one has to fish thru. Although the full page every time is different for sure. 

A quick look???

If you are taking enough 'quick looks', which I'm sure you are, you may as well just sign up Mayor!!

All are welcome! Even you!

I get a full screen ad every time I stop by here too.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Funny how some will make every excuse in the book to defend this forum.  The reality is that it's a complete bust in every way.  No new members allowed, very little activity, ads coming out of it's ears, home page last updated five years ago, etc. etc.  A complete joke of a forum.   And NO, I have never registered onto the new forum before someone accuses me of that.

And some never defended it.  

2 hours ago, steve863 said:

And yet......Here you are.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Bottom line is this board's hunting content, the best by far, there were over 300  readers logged on last evening and usually 100 to 200 logged on at all times, that is pretty fair, so there are plenty of folks that feel this board is worth researching.

This board does not need a lot of worthless posts, in my opinion it needs useful information that pertains to hunting for the most part. Who the Hell comes on a hunting board to find out what I ate?:umnik: The traffic bears out good attendance and that is what makes those ads pay the bills, she is on cruise control.

My suggestion is if the board does not suit you, stay away instead of constantly posting cheap shots and nothing else of value.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1