I HATE a Thief !

fasteddie

I mentioned this in my hunting journal but I don't know how many people read the journals . 

My youngest son , Nick , and I went to a friend's property yesterday am . They say it's in Marion / Newark but the sign on Cambier Road is for Palmyra . 

Anyway Nick was going to sit in the new double stand in the hedge row . I had a longer walk so I headed up the drive . I saw Nick's light coming my way and started laughing as I thought he couldn't find the stand in the dark . He found it all right . Some thieving low life  pulled the pins and removed the bottom section of the ladder . He went to another stand . 

No idea why some one would do this . Whoever took it is a Lowlife POS ! 

- An anti-hunter ? The property isn't posted and folks may walk the property .

- The closest dwelling is over 200 yards from the stand and the stand is facing the opposite direction of the house but the home owner hunts .

- Some hunter might have wanted to make his stand higher with an additional section .

post-132-0-21752700-1450373477_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-63734500-1450373507_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-13871600-1450373600_thumb.jpg

Makes me sick. We had 2 entire ladder stands stolen last year, before the season started. I just don't get these  P's.O.S. The thought of taking someones stand has never even entered my mind. Although I have "confiscated" a few that were found on our property, after several warnings.

Hopefully you can find a replacement bottom section.

Sorry

This happened on Private Property ..........

As long as there is only a 25$ fine for trespassing there isn't real such a thing. Posted signs keep out the honest ones and they aren't the ones we are worried about. If NY would start punishing tresspassers with something more substantial maybe we could start having private land private.

We have removed the bottom section when trespassers set stands on our property with a note that they can have it back when they remove the rest.  Seems odd that they only took the bottom section.  You sure they didn't think you were trespassing?  Maybe neighbors had property lines messed up.  Might be worth asking the closest neighbor.

As long as there is only a 25$ fine for trespassing there isn't real such a thing. Posted signs keep out the honest ones and they aren't the ones we are worried about. If NY would start punishing tresspassers with something more substantial maybe we could start having private land private.

Yeah 25 if you can get someone out there to charge them. Good luck with that. Maybe they want the deer gone so bad that they really dont care about your/our trespass problems?

• Like 1

We have removed the bottom section when trespassers set stands on our property with a note that they can have it back when they remove the rest.  Seems odd that they only took the bottom section.  You sure they didn't think you were trespassing?  Maybe neighbors had property lines messed up.  Might be worth asking the closest neighbor.

No problem with a property line . It was 200 yards from the neighbor's posted property . Apparently the closest neighbor is ill and hasn't hunted but a couple of his friends hunt his property and may have done the dirty deed . Another neighbor is kinda squirley and may be the culprit . Now the property owner is worried because he has a camp and a lot of equipment there and wonders if someone might come in and walk off with his stuff . 

There is no question about property lines or who owns the land . The guy who owns the property has it farmed . 

It is sad that someone has to do this to another hunter.We have got some lowlife scumbags in the woods causing people to get hurt or killed and is wrong on all levels.I have a question as a trapper we are protected where we cannot have our equipment nor our selves be harassed while trapping/Why is not the same while hunting?

It is sad that someone has to do this to another hunter.We have got some lowlife scumbags in the woods causing people to get hurt or killed and is wrong on all levels.I have a question as a trapper we are protected where we cannot have our equipment nor our selves be harassed while trapping/Why is not the same while hunting?

There are laws in place but only law abiding people fallow them.

• Like 2

I did catch that on your original post. Not much worse than going to your stand or to get a trail cam and find it's gone, stolen. I would say it's a trespassing/greedy/jealous hunter. We all know the type, they don't want others to shoot "their deer". They steal stands and do anything else they can to give the competition a hard time. There was another post on here where a fellow hunter had the lock to his climbing stand glued tight so he couldn't use it that day. It's pretty pathetic really.

• Like 1

There are laws in place but only law abiding people fallow them.

Same with all the gun laws!

As mentioned maybe they took the bottom section because they didn't want you to get in the stand & have a chance to shoot  "their" deer in their hunting area.  At any rate it is total BS!  Good luck finding it!

Eddie, I only use two sections of ladder for my stand and have a third section just collecting dust. It's yours if you want it but I'm over 2 hours away from you. If anyone is headed through Owego area on 17/86 towards Rochester, let me know and you can pick it up to take to Eddie.

• Like 2