Pocket/Defense Knife

Five Seasons

The problem is many times when you need a better option you do not have it available.  Most criminals will only go after you when you are vulnerable and most times you will not have another option.  Not so easy to go get a gun when you are leaving the grocery store heading to your car and 2 guys want to play knock out game with you.  Or one idiot wants to steal your wallet after he gets you to the ground.  I have a Kershaw and carry a beveled flashlight.  Kershaw is great for wire, boxes etc.  one of the best knives I have had.  My new larger one is now in the backpack.   The blade is less than 2 inches and less than 3 closed so its a perfect small tool and opens with one hand when working.

I won't bring a knife to a gun fight.

If a situation is bad enough to have to pull a knife, there are better options.

post-1186-0-95955800-1437153289_thumb.pn

Pretty sure butterfly knives are illegal now ?! Used to have one and pretty good with it. Now I'd be cutting off fingers with the stuff I used to do with it.

I carry a Gerber with me all the time, not the best knife but it does what I ask of it. Surefire flashlight in my door handle of my car. I upped the lumens to 120 on that.

Also carry this SOG on my keychain.

post-4567-0-37025300-1454109443_thumb.jp

Edited by turkeyfeathers

I had a little leatherman on my keys and they made me throw it away at the airport. I told the guy to keep it and he said no can do, has to go in the garbage. Such a waste but I had no time to take it all the way back to my car

My leather man key chain is actually my second. Lost the first the same way. I usually put my keys in my check in luggage or remove the leather man and leave it at home if I'm just traveling with a carry on bag. But this one particular case I was hung over and rushing to the airport because I was late and forgot my it was still attached to my keys in my pocket until I got to security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll play, at work right now, the one picture with two knives are what I'm carrying tonight. A Strider DB, classic sharpened pry bar, the folder is a Spyderco Delica 50/50. Now I'm not a big 50/50 guy but I own a few. The folder gets swapped out often but always carry the DB at work.

The second picture is top to bottom. A Rick Hinderer XM 18 bought right from Rick, a Spyderco Yojimbo , ( truly razor sharp deep cutting knife) and a Microtech out the front out with a double edge making it illegal x2 in NYS . These are the folders I'm been carrying most of late.

The watch is a Seiko skx 007 on a shark mesh strap, with after market dial, bezel and Omega style sword hands. I rotate watches even more than knives .....

post-253-0-41248400-1454191512_thumb.jpg

post-253-0-20991900-1454191534_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Hey Larry302....I have a couple of the Microtech OTF knives too. I love em ! But there are exemptions for possession making them legal.

Thanks, yea I've read that, "while engaged in hunting "and so on. There is also a question as to wether I can carry them while working my job. But nobody cares that I do really . Some of their otf single action ones can be pricy can't they. Enjoy.