Screen names

Big Indian

My nickname when I was working as an EMT after college was Caveman.  As in, "just hit it with a rock, Caveman."  I got it my first week on the job when I fixed a malfunctioning heart monitor by punching it.  I guess you can say finesse has never been my specialty.  

Previously, I was Wildcats160 which was my first email address and was used in a pinch because I wanted to jump into the conversation and didn't have time to be creative.

Real name is Dave.     

Edit: I guess spelling isn't my specialty either. 

Edited by Caveman
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Caveman said:

My nickname when I was working as an EMT after college was Caveman.  As in, "just hit it with a rock, Caveman."  I got it my first week on the job when I fixed a malfunctioning heart monitor but punching it.  I guess you can say finesse has never been my specialty.  

Previously, I was Wildcats160 which was my first email address and was used in a pinch because I wanted to jump into the conversation and didn't have time to be creative.

Real name is Dave.     

WTH, when did you make the name change?

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

WTH, when did you make the name change?

Five minutes ago.  I saw this thread and realized that after 6 years on this site with varying degrees of participation I had never given my screen name any thought. Maybe it's a midlife crisis? 

My handle came from my father and has no real meaning.

My given name is Lawrence. Dad had nicknames for my brother and sister too, mine was "Lawrence The Waz"  (NOT WAD), hence the Lawdwaz moniker.

My brother was nicknamed Emil and sister was Jilly Girl.

These days I go by Larry as a few of you know........ :wink:

Funny thing though, lots of my friends in high school called me "Ted" (like the bear) because I had a hairy chest at an early age.  Hairy like a bear.  A fair amount of those guys and a few gals still call me Ted to this day.

I have had the nickname Fletch since my mid teen years, my best bud started calling me that and it stuck for the last 3+ decades. I also had the nickname before the movie came out, never did get any royalties!!  It is all my friends call me and their families. A lot of people don't even know my real name...At work and my mom call me Steve. Kinda funny when some work peeps meet freinds and one of them goes....Fletch did .... and the work peeps go who the hell is Fletch and some friends go who the hell is Steve!!

• Like 6

HuntOrBeHunted.. Hunting is like a equal to ambition for me. The thought of never settling and always striving for better. Always hunting for a better Job, House, Truck, life in general. Be humbled and happy with everything I have earned but always hunt for more. Or be hunted... The lazy guy or the person looking for a hand out. The prey in life. Idk just my 2 cents. And today is Friday. Call me Anthony lol !!!

• Like 4