Christmas Cheer...

growalot

To be honest I have a difficult time during the Holidays....everyone's grumpy,tired,hurried ,and or worried. I always thought how crazy! All this angst for weeks,just to enjoy a day or two with family and friends. You can see it on everyone's face. Years ago I started making it a point to make as many people as possible smile and or laugh while out and about. Well I tend to do that year around so don't notice it as much any more. Mr B and I never shop together. Though he hears me talk about how long my trips out and about take. Actual the whole family picks on me about it..drives the kids nuts, so many strangers stopping me..Yesterday he saw it in action...we got home and were discussing the day. He said I see what takes you so long. A few of  those people followed you just to talk. Half of them looked frightened of being noticed then smiled when you walked by. What were you doing? What's up with them asking you where things were? ..Lol  A smile and a wink,sometimes seeing a stranger willing to give you a smile and a nod ,when you feel like crap,can change your day. Calling out as you leave a register.. " Everyone have a great day,nice night ,good weekend ,or happy holiday ",can change a persons entire day...and yours too. 

Here's my best internet smile and wink to you all . Have a great week and joyful holiday with Family and friends...

:):wink:

• Like 14

10 hours ago, growalot said:

Calling out as you leave a register.. "happy holiday ",

Saying "Happy Holidays", doesn't that violate some conservative belief and contribute to the Fox News claim of waging war on Christmas? Come on, even I, this site's favorite and hated Liberal wish everyone I see while out and about this time of year a "Merry Christmas" 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, growalot said:

To be honest I have a difficult time during the Holidays....everyone's grumpy,tired,hurried ,and or worried. I always thought how crazy! All this angst for weeks,just to enjoy a day or two with family and friends. You can see it on everyone's face. Years ago I started making it a point to make as many people as possible smile and or laugh while out and about. Well I tend to do that year around so don't notice it as much any more. Mr B and I never shop together. Though he hears me talk about how long my trips out and about take. Actual the whole family picks on me about it..drives the kids nuts, so many strangers stopping me..Yesterday he saw it in action...we got home and were discussing the day. He said I see what takes you so long. A few of  those people followed you just to talk. Half of them looked frightened of being noticed then smiled when you walked by. What were you doing? What's up with them asking you where things were? ..Lol  A smile and a wink,sometimes seeing a stranger willing to give you a smile and a nod ,when you feel like crap,can change your day. Calling out as you leave a register.. " Everyone have a great day,nice night ,good weekend ,or happy holiday ",can change a persons entire day...and yours too. 

Here's my best internet smile and wink to you all . Have a great week and joyful holiday with Family and friends...

:):wink:

You can try all you want but you'll never catch up to  turkeyfeathers "Likes" count. 

:rofl:

• Like 4

Lol...Red neck...have you ever really thought about the term Merry Christmas? Now having been raised Catholic,taught summer bible school at the Wesleyan Method ,   and raised the kids in a Methodists church where I taught Sunday  school...I have.  It is also listed in the Merriam Webster  dictionary....

So to avoid a theological discussion...let's just say to each their own.. Remember No matter what it's called or how it is referenced,it's now about being the best human you can be to those around you a celebration of life. May that resonate amongst us all and give thanks for making it through yet another year with loved ones and the memories of loved ones.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, growalot said:

So to avoid a theological discussion...let's just say to each their own.. Remember No matter what it's called or how it is referenced,it's now about being the best human you can be to those around you a celebration of life. May that resonate amongst us all and give thanks for making it through yet another year with loved ones and the memories of loved ones.

Red part above-

Yeah, lets not get on religion 'round here. That can't possibly do any good. :stop:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, growalot said:

Here's my best internet smile and wink to you all . Have a great week and joyful holiday

Happy holidays chris. 

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Saying "Happy Holidays", doesn't that violate some conservative belief and contribute to the Fox News claim of waging war on Christmas? Come on, even I, this site's favorite and hated Liberal wish everyone I see while out and about this time of year a "Merry Christmas" 

Merry Christmas Tiny Tim ! :drinks:

However you want to say it be it Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays does it really matter? All that matters is people being respectful towards other people. So Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my fellow hunters and outdoors enthusiasts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Okay okay here is a big bahumbug lol.  What I find really ironic about this holiday is the origination of Christmas and what people have turned it into.  Its a much better day and age to celebrate it than it was say somewhere in the 1400's when the Roman Pagans called it Saturnalia.  A brief history lesson, oh and Merry Christmas.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

• Like 2

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Made some Christmas cheer   Apple pie   Pics are twisted but as you'll be after drinking this 

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

I see the Cinnamon in the pic. I use the sticks so there isn't much sediment. If I don't have sticks I empty a tea bag and put the spices in it, restaple it and it gets the flavor in very well without leaving little floaters in the drink. 

• Like 1

Gallon of cider   Quart of apple juice - liter bottle of 190 proof grain alcohol ( not all liquor stores carry it as special permit needed ) - I added  a small bottle of 100 proof Captain as some recipes suggested but it's not needed - 2 cups brown sugar - 1cup white sugar - 6-8 cinnamon sticks   Simmer juice, cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks for 30 minutes or so stirring periodically until sugar is dissolved.  When it's cooled to room temp add booze. I used a fine strainer but cheese cloth can be used to remove any sediment. Pour into jars. Give to neighbors and friends. Watch it.  It's dangerously good and sneaky. Ideally they say drink after refrigeratored for a week as the alcohol burn diminishes and cinnamon comes thru. 

Back to real Christmas cheer. I find myself quite happy this time of year. But there are some real scrooges out there. Been listening to Christmas music at work. home and car for a month. Shopping is almost done which is a new personal best. Downfall is shortly after Christmas I become a year older  Looking forward to having friends and family over for the holidays. Taking my 90 year old mom and 92 year old pop out tomorrow Christmas light looking with wife and daughter. Merry Christmas to all of my NYhunting friends and may you have a wonderful New year. 

• Like 4