We need a HuntingNY get together !

turkeyfeathers

7 hours ago, martin said:

Alright Elmo,

Lets do a Long Island, all the way to Dutchess county one. I'd be up for a meet and greet. Let's wait till april or later. I'm also up for an annual Crow hunt with the guys we get. May be fun in Early fall to meed at Stewart or somewere else. Just a thought. In April is also Trout fishing season. If we most of us fish, we can meet up and have a fishing party. 

Ant thoughts about this guys from these locations. Give me your input.

Id be game to attend

22 hours ago, b3h said:

If anyone is going to a banquet or event post it up. Might be a good time to meet up in a regional area. Might even be able to fill a table and win a gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QDMA chapters do at least one banquet a year. Maybe we could do a forum get together in the afternoon before a QDMA banquet, which is usually in the evening. I will ask Mike Edwards [of QDMA] if there is a master list of NY chapter banquets for 2017.

Edited by goosifer
clarification
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, goosifer said:

QDMA chapters do at least one banquet a year. Maybe we could do a forum get together in the afternoon before a QDMA banquet, which is usually in the evening. I will ask Mike Edwards [of QDMA] if there is a master list of NY chapter banquets for 2017.

Hudson Valley QDMA banquet is on Feb 23 this year.....

Contact info  Dick Henry (845-687-7434),  or by email at rjhenr@ AOL.com. 

3 hours ago, martin said:

Great American Outdoor Show Next week, this will be going on. If weather is good, I'm going thursday.

Most likely be there on Monday.....

Tough part of meet up at this show is the 10 day run, lots of different days that folks head there; but I have met up with a few exhibitors for dinner afterwards and a few folks here and there.

1 hour ago, First-light said:

I'll do a Fingers lake region if my situation changes at work and frees up my time. Just no bows, blades or guns leave  them at the door! lol

I do like shooting and I do like beer! But I never, under any circumstances  combine the two. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm still waiting to burn a couple boxes of S&H Green Stamps.  I've been hanging onto them for almost 40 years, waiting on the PERFECT opportunity........THIS could be it.  :)

Good idea, Larry....I'll throw in a couple of  paper grocery bags full of Raleigh coupons..

On 1/31/2017 at 7:02 PM, moog5050 said:

There is a capital district in New York?   If you are cooking TF, I will find it.  You make some good eats.  Or Biz just buys dinner at one of the  high end places.

Best cheeseburger in NY - skewed brewery in Watertown.   Good enough that I have driven 2 hours both ways just to eat there several times. Good fried pickles too!

I vote everyone comes to Watertown for the meet ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phade said:

This has been attempted many times on many forums. Every once in a while it works.

Almost all of the ones that work and work well takes someone who opens their doors or a sportsman's club doors - not just taking the lead.

One member here had a get-together at his house for a different forum and with local hunters here in wNY. It was a great time; people shared tactics that made them successful and what not. Brought mounts and photos.

The Bowhunting.com crew has one every year, one of these times ill make the drive to Illinois for it

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Exception : shotgunning a beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Well then where to get your empty cans to shoot at from ?

Yup! Ya's got me there!...hahaha :drinks::DuckHuntingSmiley:

I'm still willing to get something going for the Capital area, up on the hill in Thatcher, if anyone is interested.

• Like 1