Need a new gas grill

bugsNbows

I need to replace an aging Ducane gas grill. I have been researching USA made quality grills. The nice ones are REALLY expensive! I am not sure if I want straight IR or some sort of hybrid IR plus conventional. The TEC line is great, straight IR grills with cutting edge designs. They are expensive though. For a hybrid, I'm kind of liking Lynx grills. I have also researched Fire Magic, AOG, Lazyman, Wilmington, Alfresco and Kalamazoo. The Napoleon brand is cheaper but not USA made (it's made in Canada which is ok I guess). Anybody have any input? BTW, don't say Weber Genesis... it's now made in China!!!

I need to replace an aging Ducane gas grill. I have been researching USA made quality grills. The nice ones are REALLY expensive! I am not sure if I want straight IR or some sort of hybrid IR plus conventional. The TEC line is great, straight IR grills with cutting edge designs. They are expensive though. For a hybrid, I'm kind of liking Lynx grills. I have also researched Fire Magic, AOG, Lazyman, Wilmington, Alfresco and Kalamazoo. The Napoleon brand is cheaper but not USA made (it's made in Canada which is ok I guess). Anybody have any input? BTW, don't say Weber Genesis... it's now made in China!!!

I love my Weber Genesis. I don't think I've ever worried about where something is made before buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I love my Weber Genesis. I don't think I've ever worried about where something is made before buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked. $1300?!  Does it prep , cook and plate the food without me doing anything other than drinking a beer ? 

• Like 1

Lol. Out of all the brands the OP listed, I didn't recognize a single one! Haha. I'm not even sure what brand my grill is. My FIL got it for us like 5 years ago as a gift. Wife picked it out at Lowe's, think she said it was like $400. So whatever you can get for 400 bucks at Lowe's is what I'm workin with lol. It's held up pretty good I'd say. No issues and it sits outside all year.

Thanks for all of the replies gentlemen.

I really would prefer to support USA jobs and products. The Weber's used to be USA made... but now they come out of China. Not good IMO. The prices on some of the grills I researched are crazy. Check out the Kalamazoo line! Geez Louise. Having an IR sizzle burner is fantastic for steaks. It's also important to me to be high quality and use 304 stainless rather than the cheaper 430 stainless. That's why I have concentrated on the "better" brands. Still looking for that perfect unit. LOL

• Like 2

Thanks for all of the replies gentlemen.
I really would prefer to support USA jobs and products. The Weber's used to be USA made... but now they come out of China. Not good IMO. The prices on some of the grills I researched are crazy. Check out the Kalamazoo line! Geez Louise. Having an IR sizzle burner is fantastic for steaks. It's also important to me to be high quality and use 304 stainless rather than the cheaper 430 stainless. That's why I have concentrated on the "better" brands. Still looking for that perfect unit. LOL

Supporting USA made is a good thing! We all pay crazy amounts of money for stuff we are passionate about so don't feel judge for it! Everyone's got something they paid a bunch of money for and only needed one reason to justify it to themselves haha. Someday I'll get myself a badass grill. Maybe once the one I have wears out, until then I'll be slummin it with the char broil or whatever the hell I got haha

Disappointing that Weber is not made here anymore. I almost love mine. I will tell you its one fail. It has 3 burners but they go longways making it hard to have different heat areas. If the burners went the other way it would be perfect.

I also try to buy USA these days with a pretty strict no China policy. They use very concerning practices and have been busted over and over using poisons, dangerous metals and polutents into their products. I am not into putting my family or friends at risk to save $100 bucks-ever, period. Their products are bad enough but it is amazing how much Chinese food is being sold here. Look into farm raised chinese shrimp or fish. YUM

• Like 1

I'm doing food an injustice with my current BBQ. I'm tired of buying grills every 3 years and yes I do buy the cheap ones from Home Depot. So let's here what you guys recommend and how long you've had it. I should say that I grill more than the average homeowner whatever the average is.

thanks 

I've gone through several $150 grills in the last 10-15 years, all pieces of crap. I now have a Weber Genesis and love it. i got it used 9 years old for free, put in $80 for parts and gave it a good cleaning. I was told I could get the burners replaced for free as Weber guarantees them for 10 years. I didn't bother as they are in fine condition. Really well built compared to the made in china grills. 

• Like 3