This might be a shooter

fasteddie

10 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Do you know his age?  Looks like an amazing 3 or really nice 4 to me, body says 4 to me but his neck and head just look younger to me, his rack screams 4.  

I'd say unless you have a history with a particular buck like that, there's really no way of knowing from these pics alone until you tag his azz and have him aged.

That deer right there could be 7 or 8 years old for all we know right now. That head and neck will have an entirely different look come November.

Helluva Buck Eddie!

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, wooly said:

I'd say unless you have a history with a particular buck like that, there's really no way of knowing from these pics alone until you tag his azz and have him aged.

That deer right there could be 7 or 8 years old for all we know right now. That head and neck will have an entirely different look come November.

Helluva Buck Eddie!

Yes sir, you're spot on. In the second picture, look at the girth, top to bottom behind the front shoulder. That is a mature buck right there. As wooly says,unless you have a history with him. The only accurate way to age a buck like this is to get em on the ground! C'mon Eddie! We're pullin for ya!

• Like 1

Now wait a minute. That deer doesn't have a deep sway in the back, and I'll bet he still has a tooth or two left in his head. He can probably still hear and see. I don't think he is quite ready to harvest yet. give him another 4 or 5 years and then he will be mature enough to consider taking.....lol.

wooly has it right.  can't see enough of the deer in the pictures and it's not hard antlered to tell age.  certainly isn't a yearling though.  said you'd love a chance at him, so choot'em and figure it out then.  i'm pulling for ya!