Tree stand height

Swamp_bucks

With bow, I got up to about 15ft.   With rifle, I will only put up 2 sections, so about 10 feet.

Situation does command it.   

More importantly is concealment, not so much height.  Folks put them on the ede of fields, instead of a tree or two deep.  Or make sure there's some branches behind you to break up the outline.  Also keep in mind where the sun is during your ideal hunt time.

Too high makes close up deer harder to shoot, because you shooting higher up on the rib cage to get through the middle of the lungs.

When your up too high, the lower branches get in the way.

People limp away from 15ft falls, 30ft will not be forgiving........  I clear all rocks, dead branches, and loosen up the soil around the base.   I have even put mulch down.  That few inches of cushion makes a huge difference in how a body reacts to a fall.

5 minutes ago, sailinghudson25 said:

I clear all rocks, dead branches, and loosen up the soil around the base.   I have even put mulch down.  That few inches of cushion makes a huge difference in how a body reacts to a fall.

Mulch?  Damn man, do you use a harness and safety line?

• Like 2

All depends on if I'm on the uphill or downhill side of them if downhill I go as high as I can and have even adjusted my climber halfway up so I could go higher if I felt I needed to. Seems like 15 to 30 feet is about as high as I'd ever need. Most of time probably closer to the 20 mark.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk