Live from the rifle range

• 10 months later...

Shot the 7mm-08 yesterday at my steel target, 273 yards from a stable bench and rock solid rest.  

120gr TTSX Barnes bullets.  I didn’t have much time but wanted to take a few shots anyway.   

Three shot group.

28DBE43A-C003-4265-ACCC-0D44D088A55D.jpeg

BA055C4E-CB03-4CE8-B41A-B0D2BC4E5A2E.jpeg

• Like 8

Well check off another thing that is done for the hunting season, should have been done before now :rolleyes: . Super redhawk is sighted in finally with the new Leupold. First photo is 50 yards wrists on a rest second 75 yard wrists rested, that lower right one in the target was all me . The gun sure does like the 270 grain deep curls , and I’m getting used to the scope float  . 

8829A79F-7D28-4961-92E7-BE3334100277.jpeg

E465C52D-7098-4224-978C-A1A90F71DA77.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 4

Joe and I shot our hunting rifles today at my range . A little scope adjustment and things are dialed in well . Then blasted a few boxes worth of handgun ammo . No pictures as cameras aren’t allowed on the Webster Militia Proving Grounds .

Range day and one week from my annual hog hunt.

Left side top super black hawk 44 mag  hunter. Lower is super redhawk 480 ruger . Left side top to bottom  are blackhawk 41 mag ,single six 22,bottom is balck hawk bisley 45lc convertible. 

20210926_114045.thumb.jpg.0ef54669097dfc3f21800eb8608f1c64.jpg

Playing with the revolvers  trying to decide which one gets the nod .

Toss up between the 480 ruger and 44 mag at the moment.

41 mag has to goto a smith as it locked up on me twice  . Have no clue why .. Will take it down and give it a good cleaning . Im betting I have a broken or week spring .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, airedale said:

Love the Bisley, for me the Bisley style grip has about as good a feel and natural pointing characteristics as one can get with a handgun. Good luck on your hunt.

Al

I have a blued 4 5/8" barrel Ruger Flat Top 44 special Bisley I'm going to sell one of these days.  LOL, I just don't see myself spending any time shooting it and certainly not hunting with it.  Just no real interest.  It feels good in hand and sure is a well built gun.