Who's NOT Ready

Team Hoyt

Not close - this dang economy on steroids has got me slammed at work. Still need to attend to tree stands and get some brush hogging done, let alone end of summer house and yard stuff. At this point, I'm shooting for the end of October, or the next week for Crossbow. I actually have 10/1 scheduled as vacation, but we'll see how that works out.

I think I'll fool the local deer by having them think I'm not around this year, and then when they least expect it...

• Like 1

I shot my bow a bit in July, and not since.

I don't have my license yet

I only ordered Sawyers 20 minutes ago

I haven't gone through my arrows or bag or cleaned my gear to let it sit outside

So, absolutely not ready. However, I did get confirm from the land owner I used last year (just last night) that I can hunt again there this year, so will be doing a quick lane clearing on Saturday. Nothing like the last minute. I've been absurdly busy at work, just brutally so.

The good news is when I shot my bow a bit in July I was basically on the money. Each year I need less time than the former to ramp up to former accuracy, though I won't have time to run the 3D course at work by the look of it, unless the weather is nice this weekend. I am travelling next week so probably won't get out until middle of the month.

I've Never  been so unprepared. I nearly as much as i would like still haven't put my bow bag together most years at this point its been put together and ripped apart at least a dozen times. Not sure yet what day will be my first day in the woods but im sure I'll be ready and pumped up by then .

13 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mentally I’m tapping out for a few weeks They’ll still be out there.

Yup. It doesn't seem that long ago that the opener was the 15th instead of the 1st. They'll be there. Still seems Summer-ish for now. Monday is supposed to be 70 degrees by me.

I took a doe around the third week of October last year and it was pretty warm out. Had to hustle to take care of it.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yup. It doesn't seem that long ago that the opener was the 15th instead of the 1st. They'll be there. Still seems Summer-ish for now. Monday is supposed to be 70 degrees by me.

I took a doe around the third week of October last year and it was pretty warm out. Had to hustle to take care of it.

I've been out day one for bow last three years and had shot opportunities each one.

I was. Still have to rewash hunting clothes and treat with Sawyers. Looks like I'll get that done Saturday. Not messing with the blinds until reg season in NZ opens. Will air out the burlap and just use that for archery down here, lighter and easier to set up in the dark.
Bows shooting fine, form is on point even from sitting positions and with hunting clothes on.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Now I’m ready. First shot. FP at 20 yards. Second shot is first broadhead ever. Some crap after but ended up on a great shot. Sodfather got me dialed in. Slick tricks flew much better than montacs. 9bc555a189abe879ed3c4de05d7d4386.jpg422a1d0034f0fac785c6145c3bb04a26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news , the easy part is over ...let that sink in . LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Feeling much better after today. Switched to a 340 spine for my Mathews and backed it off 2 cranks. Fixed heads seem to be flying better with this combo. For my Prime shooting 400 axis with a single pin and knock off Rage heads are deadly. I may be carting that bow it just feels so good 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Feeling much better after today. Switched to a 340 spine for my Mathews and backed it off 2 cranks. Fixed heads seem to be flying better with this combo. For my Prime shooting 400 axis with a single pin and knock off Rage heads are deadly. I may be carting that bow it just feels so good 

Did you try cranking the limbs down to see if it caused the broadheads to start taking off ?

33 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Did you try cranking the limbs down to see if it caused the broadheads to start taking off ?

I did crank limbs down 2 rotation and flew much better. I’ll shoot 1 more time on Sunday just to confirm but I’m solid. Man these last couple months I must have shot 500 arrows