Have u ever seen this before

nodeerhere

so I was sitting in the stand yesterday evening. And at 630 I see this fox run under me. I watched him go sit at a base of the tree and stare out into the food plot. I turn back around and see 2 deer feeding. Just showed up! And I turn to see the fox and he's gone. Then I catch him creeping under my stand. And I see this little fawn. The fox tried to take it down. I have this all on vid. has anyone ever seen this before! I've been hunting 20 years and this is a first. 

image.png

• Like 14

Cool.... Couple years ago during bow I had a hay field full of about 15-20 deer about 100-150 yds away, and 1 coyote circling the field.. he was trying to get at the yearlings but the biggest buck in the group kept chasing him out of the field.. Thought that was pretty wild as well

• Like 3

Thats crazy! Most fox I see stay away from anything bigger than them lol. Turkeys and all.. Funny you post this.. Yesterday morning on my long commute to work.. I watched a fox harass a very big raccoon on the edge of the road. The coon could care less about the fox it seemed but that fox either wanted something he had, him or just to mess with him... Quite comical to watch really. lol

A buddy of mine  witnessed a fox  trying to take  down a fawn early this summer...Small fawn...

He had his 30-06 handy...Fox had a bad day..

I'd turn him in to TIP, but for the life of me I can't remember his name or where he lives...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4-5 years ago I shot a doe with the bow during late October IIRC.  I watched her bobbing and weaving and knew she was going down within 75 yards of my stand.  She fell over but was obscured by a couple big bushes.  Being the start of the rut and an unfilled buck tag in my wallet, I figured I'd let her lay for an hour, hour and a half before I went and dressed her as a buck could show at at some point.

A little while later a red fox comes trotting through.....all of a sudden the fox freezes up.  Seconds later I see it starting to stalk the area my doe was laying.  The fox disappears behind the bush and I kind of chuckled to myself, thinking what's that little fox gonna eat??

Probably 15 minutes later the darn fox comes trotting back the way it originally came but this time it had something in its mouth.  I had turned my iphone video on as I always keep it handy dandy in case a Yetti or something happens by.  He came and went pretty quick and I though the video was pretty good so I reviewed it.  I zoomed in on the white thing and I'll be damned if its the tail from MY deer! 

I figured that's enough of that stuff and climbed out of the stand to see what the damage was.  The little sonofagun ate probably two burgers worth of ground from the doe's hind end and swiped the tail.  

I still have the video, I upload it when I have a second....

• Like 2