are you into sports?

Robhuntandfish

I can't sit in front of the (life sucker) for hours to watch a bunch of over paid idiots! just can't do it anymore. They cry about everything! The celibrate when they do what they were paid to do. Nope! I have my own stuff to worry about! Like what tree stand is the big buck coming by! 

• Like 1

I like a good football or baseball game but can't sit and watch one because of all the interruptions and commercials.

If I can't record it and watch it at my convenience I hardly ever bother watching. I can see 8 or 10 games on the nfl recap if I want in about a 1/2 hour. I usually have a better use of 3hrs.

I used to be a huge Giants fan. Never missed a game and if I had to I recorded it and would be really upset if I found out what happened before I got to watch. Now I am just tired of football. The Giants suck, Players are knealing for anthem in protest but you never hear about any of them protesting on their own time. Players acting all crazy because they scored a touchdown even if they are losing. All the best players are huge drama queens that make millions of dollars. What ever happened to act like you have been there and will be again. Watching these guys act like clowns isn't entertainment to me. You can't even hit people anymore. They have taken the defense out of the game in favor of points for their fantasy league. 

When I was a kid I watched baseball but that game has become like watching paint dry and I used to follow Nascar when it was actual stock car racing but now you can't tell the difference between a Toyota and a Chevy. 

My daughter started playing soccer when she was 5 (13 now) and she started it because I figured it would be more exciting for her than Tball. She really took to it and has become pretty great at it.  I love watching her games. She tried out and made a premier club travel team that she will be starting in a couple of week so I will be doing a lot of traveling for that. Her love of soccer has made me start watching that a little more on TV. 

Never have been. Dad never got me into it, so I never cared. I couldn't even tell you who won the last whatever the cup is for baseball or football or anything. Just have no interest at all in watching grown men throw around a ball. Athleticism is another topic. I was obsessive with endurance sports for a few years until my knee told me otherwise and have lifted weights on and off since I was a teenager. Sports are important but have an embarrassing stranglehold on many people's attention in this country. 

Also a huge number of kids are being exposed to permanent brain damage through sports like soccer with the head hitting and contact sports. 

Hey, you asked!

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

Wasn’t a big team sport kid and that’s carried over to adulthood. I think I’d rather watch paint dry than watch football, baseball or just about any regular sport. Motocross is where it’s at for me. Even pay $55 a year for NBC Gold package just so I can watch the summer outdoor motocross national series. Luckily supercross is on regular tv programming.

Just rewatched this past weekends Monster Energy cup race I like racing so much haha. Had to see Eli Tomac take home that million dollars again! Love seeing a green bike up front and on top🤟🏻

• Like 2

When work allows I watch my bills get beat. I’m a baseball umpire and I don’t watch as many games as I use to I’m around the sport to much to really care anymore. NBA is trash in my opinion. Nhl ehhh. But I do love and follow lacrosse. NLL is where the real action is. I don’t understand why the sport isn’t more popular. You have guys literally smacking each other around with sticks. 

No.

I played some pocket pool in elementary school, chased a few fat chicks when I was a younger guy. Cheered at a few mud-wrestling shows at the nudie bar.

That's about it for me, though I do admire anyone who has the talent (especially boxing, skiing, skating, gymnastics, etc.).

I work in the white collar world, everyone at the job golfs (except me). A few fish. They often tell me they want to tag along hunting, but when I tell them what's involved (passing the safety course, buying guns or bows & learning how to shoot efficiently, buying clothes, getting up at 4 AM, sitting in the cold or walking all day), there has never been a second conversation. EVER. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sports generally go on in the background for me. I watch bits and pieces of Yankees games over the summer, but mostly just have it on in the garage while i'm out there tinkering. Similar for college football games. I am a diehard bills fan though. A Sunday afternoon in the fall on my ass usually fits right in for me. I might hunt the morning which means I'm tired and I bust my ass at work, the gym and around the house all week long and all Saturday. So I never feel guilty with couch time on Sunday, in fact my mind and body need it. 

I generally don't watch the NBA. Several reasons, the knicks have sucked for a long time now and I just don't feel like there's a lot of competition. I do love watching cuse hoops though. I generally wont miss any ACC games. 

Edited by Belo

i'll watch a lot of different sports. have gone to games for sports of all kinds traditional to motorsports. i don't watch anything religiously though, accept for my kids sports. i'm with some others i'd rather go out and do it. i have co-workers where that's all they do on the weekend and know every stat there is. not for me. i don't even watch hunting shows of any kind anymore.

I'll watch March Madness and some NFL games, mostly Bills.

Used to play a lot of soccer, was actually good at it. Can't stand watching it though unless it's at the highest level - like World Cup.

Hunting and NFL don't go together though...I'd never miss hunting for watching a game in person or on TV.

• Like 1

I played sports and still try to lol. I watch my kids high school and college teams, my sister is a college coach so I watch her team.

I do love SU basketball and catch most games. I'll watch the Yankees but usually while I'm doing something else it's on in the background. And I still like NFL the Eagles even though a lot of high paid athletes are turning out to be quite a bunch of douche bags I still like the sport and the game.

I am also a big fan of women's beach volleyball!

Mostly just my kids sports-twin boys both play basketball and travel baseball(65 games last spring and summer)- one plays football, the other just picked up crew(after busting his leg in football last year in three places); daughter plays field hockey(a sport that has rules that NO ONE knows, not even the players or the officials).
We will watch the Yankees and football on Sunday (mostly just for the food!) but since they routinely get updates on their phones regarding score and fantasy, hey lost interest in the actual games. Kind of sad! If I don’t have company to watch with, I’m usually out doing something instead of watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked NASCAR back before they let in the foreign cars and took out the cigarettes.   I even went to a few Winston cup races including the Bud at the Glen, which was my favorite.   The camping experience there at Watkins Glen NY was great.  There was plenty of room for lawn chairs and we wheeled our gas grill and cooler right up to the fence and enjoyed all the clams we could eat and beer we could drink during the race.    The Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis was pretty cool also, with the history at that track and the museum and stuff, but staying in a motel and driving to and from the race sucked.   Those same issues tainted the Coca-Cola 600, down in North Carolina.  It was neat to see some of the drivers facilities down there in the "heart" of NASCAR country though.  Being cramped into those small seats in the bleachers for that long also took some of the fun out of those two races for me.   Back when I followed it, my favorite way to experience the races (better than going to them in most cases) was listening to the live broadcasts on my boat radio, while I was out fishing.   

Of the other "pro" sports, baseball is the only one I really care for.  I used to get the Yankees games on my AM radio, when I was a kid and I loved to hear Bill White and Phil Rizzuto call them games.  They were my favorite back when Reggie Jackson, Bucky Dent, and Greg Nettles were playing for the World Series.   After we got cable TV, I started following the Atlanta Braves and followed them from the bottom of the standings until they made it to and finally won a world series under the guidance of manager Bobby Cox.   Who can forget the nervous pitching coach Leo Mazzonie rocking in the dugout when things got dicey late in the games.   I went to a couple of regular season games to see the Yankees and the Braves play up in Toronto.   I have not caught many games lately, but I did watch the last Yankees game last year and this year.  CC Sabathia was the starting pitcher for each.  I hope he gets another shot at starting a playoff game, when they are facing elimination.  It is baseball after all and he deserves three strikes. 

My dad is a big football fan and he had Bills season tickets when I was a kid.   I remember going to a few games when Joe Ferguson was quarterback against the arch-rival Miami Dolphins under Don-Shula.   One of my earliest memories was my mom taking us kids to the mall for pictures and running into OJ Simpson and Reggie McEnzee.   I remember them saying "got your picture taken hah man ? "   We got their autograph for my dad and he still has them.   The only time I really liked the Bills was when Wade Phillips was head coach.  I could never get fully behind them under Marv Levy, since he was such a high-profile anti-hunter and had no "killer-instinct".   That cost them that first Superbowl for sure.  It was cool when Kelly and the boys made that "Big-Game-Hunter" poster, just to piss him off a bit I suppose, after he took a position with PETA.   

The only pro sport events I have attended in recent years is when the boss gives me our companies (4) season tickets in the club level a few times a year to take the family to Buffalo Sabers games.   It has been a while since they were very competitive but it is cool to go to the games and park inside the ramp with the connecting tunnel for free.  Food and drinks can get a little expensive there though.  We usually leave, prior to the end, to beat the traffic out of the parking garage and listen to the end of the game on the radio on the way home.  Our girls really do enjoy those games.   They like the National anthems and the intermission stuff the best.  The sports that I attend the most these days are our girls high school field hockey and lacrosse games.  

Edited by wolc123

I go to a ton of dirt modified races from April to October. Hit up a few bull riding events during the year also. As for watching on tv, I do a lot of recording and fastforwarding to watch football. I love hockey, but usually can't sit for a whole game until the playoffs. There never seems to be enough hours in the day for me to do the things i do, plus watch tv.

23 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Pro Wrestling  Fan here from the time, I could watch TV. Also enjoy Boxing-- Big Roberto Duran Fan here. And MMA. My own skills have improved alot since watching from 1993.  Fav Pro Wrestlers are Triple H and Alexa Bliss.

Pro wrestling you say ,this is probably my favorite prank call ever.