What did you get for Christmas?

goosifer

Christmas spirit is about the love all around us.  Even in the worst of times, the smallest gifts can mean the most.  I got choked up unwrapping this shadowbox photo of Jake with his old NY Giants collar inside.  I know many of you would also give anything right now just to have your loved ones close by again.  Enjoy the gifts and spirit of giving now with those you love.  Merry Christmas everyone!

20181225_135515.jpg

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

Both boys got there fair share of gifts from Santa for a 3 an 4 year old.....I believe we are on paw patrol and pj masks overload.
My 2 year old was pumped he got a hunter orange safety vest so he can head to the woods more often this fall.

Father in law got me a hitch hauler for transporting deer and a few other things.

But the best gift we received was from my brother and sister in law.....my wife and I found out we are going to be an aunt an uncle. Crazy how as you get older in life the simple things mean the most.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, left field said:

Spent the day with my wife and guide floating the Rio Chimehuin catching our share of Patagonian trout. At lunch, we discovered that my wife brought a banana on the boat. The fishing fell off and I took a hook in the face.

Feliz Navidad.

Any Patagonia paradise pics for us up here in the snow?  Awesome trip of a lifetime even with the hook. 

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Any Patagonia paradise pics for us up here in the snow?  Awesome trip of a lifetime even with the hook. 

Here's a quick shot from the top of small mountain after a three hour hike. This place is a paradise - hell to get here but once you do the wine is rich, the steak tender, and the fish slamming. I caught approx 45 fish yesterday including a brown that was the length of my fingertips to my armpit.

IMG_8576.JPG

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, left field said:

Here's a quick shot from the top of small mountain after a three hour hike. This place is a paradise - hell to get here but once you do the wine is rich, the steak tender, and the fish slamming. I caught approx 45 fish yesterday including a brown that was the length of my fingertips to my armpit.

Good stuff!

Spent Thanksgiving fishing in Brazil, just may have to spend more holidays south of the border.^_^

Sorry, ran out of likes real fast today for some reason.  You all got a lot of nice things; very happy for you. 

Long story short, my shotgun scope crapped out a couple days before firearm season stated, so I had to use a backup gun, I wasn't use to. Needless to say, I paid for it on 11-19, anyways.

I received a new Nikon Prostaff shotgun scope this holiday season, and I'm so happy. I can't wait to get that new puppy on my firearm and let the good times roll sighting that bad boy in. 

scoped 001.JPG

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 7

My lovely wife  got me a work sharp sharpener Ken onion addition  and some redhead mid weight  long underwear, 2 pair of smart wool  socks. Great haul. We opened our gifts last night after. A nice dinner and a bottle of wine. Was kind of nice to unwind after all the festive Christmas eve.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Got this from my better half. It replaces my 20 year old 18V Ryobi set. Handed down the still-functioning Ryobi set to one of our sons in law.

Lots of tree stand work on the schedule for next summer!

Dewalt.jpg

Love my dewalt 20v max tools.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Lots of stocking stuffer things. Here are the highlights.

Dakota Arms 3-position M70 type M98 safety for my 7x57 custom Mauser project. This is the modification that can lift a Mauser from the "sporterized" category into the "custom" class. One of these installed by a professional gunsmith will be more than 1/2 the cost of a new "entry level" rifle. I will do my own installation. Since I do not have fixtures and a mill, it will take me an hour or more to hand fit it to the bolt, striker and sear interfaces.

f0PeBLZ.jpg

B8BncIf.jpg

Headspace gauges for 7x57. Aftermarket rifle barrels have the chambers cut slightly "long" so headspace can be achieved with the particular action/bolt being used. These gauges allow the machinist to determine how much to face off of the breech end of the barrel and also check to see if the chamber is within spec when finished. They can also he used to check headspace on a used rifle of unknown history. The bolt should close on the "GO" gauge. If it closes on the "NO GO" gauge it is at or beyond maximum headspace.

6IxB6Rv.jpg

They also work for 257 Roberts. Hmmmm. Wouldn't my small ring M98 1934 Mexican Mauser action make a nice trim little 257 Roberts?

I set of RCBS dies for my 30/40 Krag. These will take the place of the tired old Herters dies that I picked up used a few years back.

tkmsqwq.jpg

c3o0kUr.jpg

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 5