My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

This is P.A and they have to send the title to the state and then the state sends it back to the dealer. Apparently it’s a fairly new procedure and they didn’t know about this extra fee . 

it's what they do. no excuses. i hate dealing with dealerships i have no use for them. next vehicle i'll pay for in cash and then that's the last they'll see of me. lol it's unbelievable how much they jerk around or BS the average customer.  if they don't you're getting robbed blind.

• Like 1

Rob sorry to hear your getting the run around! I hate car dealers too! I always way over research. I have my number in my head and go in and give it and say there it is take it or leave it to another dealer to make some cash. I will hit every dealer within a hundred miles if I need to and pit a few against each other. Stupid games lol.

• Like 1

Do some research on what invoice price is then make an offer knowing they have to make something off it. But not pay for their kids college fund.  Never tell them you have a trade in or tell them what  payment you are looking for.  When you tell them you have a trade in they offer you such a great trade in for your vehicle - no they were gonna come down on the price but just put it on your trade in amount instead, to make it look so good.  They plan on making money off both vehicles.  And if they ask about what payment you are looking for, tell them you aren't looking for a payment amount your looking for a fair deal. 

Like Fletch said I come up with an amount and make the offer.  If it's fair and they are making something they will call back.  Amount of sales every month is also important for a dealership to hit its sales goals.  Come up with the amount you would pay for vehicle and then tell them you also decided you have a trade in.   And do a blue book trade in value for your vehicle.  

They won't take a deal if they can't make something off it which is understandable. But most people pay thousands more than they should for a vehicle. 

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Do some research on what invoice price is then make an offer knowing they have to make something off it. But not pay for their kids college fund.  Never tell them you have a trade in or tell them what  payment you are looking for.  When you tell them you have a trade in they offer you such a great trade in for your vehicle - no they were gonna come down on the price but just put it on your trade in amount instead, to make it look so good.  They plan on making money off both vehicles.  And if they ask about what payment you are looking for, tell them you aren't looking for a payment amount your looking for a fair deal. 

Like Fletch said I come up with an amount and make the offer.  If it's fair and they are making something they will call back.  Amount of sales every month is also important for a dealership to hit its sales goals.  Come up with the amount you would pay for vehicle and then tell them you also decided you have a trade in.   And do a blue book trade in value for your vehicle.  

They won't take a deal if they can't make something off it which is understandable. But most people pay thousands more than they should for a vehicle. 

Agreed.she asked me what we were looking for a payment, I told her that’s what we will decide  based on their price. 

• Like 1

2019 XLT 302A PACK 5.0L 36GAL tank, trailer backup assist,  8in screen with navi 3.55 electric lock rear diff 5.5 ft bed. Only thing I had to add was the spray in. I LOVE that is does not have the 20in wheels, the 18s are so much easier in the snow/mud. 

Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

That dealer tactic pisses me off. They keep talking about monthly payment. I just ask what's the % interest and what's the total cost with fees. If I have to ask more than twice I leave.

What do i care that you lowered the monthly payment. Doesnt matter if you added more months and are giving a worse deal than before! Lol sorry rob for venting. Probably not helping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

That dealer tactic pisses me off. They keep talking about monthly payment. I just ask what's the % interest and what's the total cost with fees. If I have to ask more than twice I leave.

What do i care that you lowered the monthly payment. Doesnt matter if you added more months and are giving a worse deal than before! Lol sorry rob for venting. Probably not helping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It’s all good, your not saying anything that we all haven’t experienced. One more day and I go get my truck. 

• Like 4

Finally brought the truck  home, they had to put dealer plates on it as they still didn’t have the title. Apparently according to them , the bank quoted them $ 27 short of the Lien pay off amount and that’s why the title is being held by the state. So they will be sending a person to our house to finish up the paper work. Wife and I put some miles on it today and I see my mileage not being very good for a bit. That  5.0 sound and those gears do make it fun to drive. 

4DCCB7F0-23E6-4455-8F05-DD3BAE282444.jpeg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Congrats on finally getting it home Rob. All good?

Thanks, trucks great. As soon as we get the title and paper work signed , ferrario  Chevy in towanda is getting a nasty review.  The sales lady asked if we wanted to pay for the truck today. I had to hold back my laughter, wife and I both looked at her and said nooooo. I told her when we have the title in my hand they will have full payment. Figured I better wait until the truck is officially mine before I smear them. 

Friggen  stealerships  make my blood boil. 

She looks good all nestled into her new home. Let’s hope the deal pulls through on the word and it’s good sailing from here on out.

I do agree with you on the sound. Music to my ears to let that thing open up. For stock it has a nice tone to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cool, congrats on new-ish truck! 

I feel your pain about dealing with car dealerships. I've gotten up and walked out a few times when the "runner" was constantly giving or getting offers from the Sales Mgr out in an office away from the showroom. Really hate it when they play the #s game, trying to baffle you like some shady investor thinking you're a dumb-a$$ willing to part with your money. Could go on & on, just a bad experience almost every time!

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, moog5050 said:

I hope it treats you well Bryan.  When we traded in my wife's at 155k it was still going strong and my mechanic assured me it had another 150k left.

My 2007 Tahoe made it to 197,000 then needed a new motor. It sucked but I loved the truck and put in a Jasper refurbished motor. We now are at 227,000 and doing ok. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rob-c said:

Yes it does , I got the look from the wife a few times when I may have gotten on it a bit to much :rolleyes:

Lol it's easy to do...  have to be constantly  vigilant  about speed in my truck .. speed creaps up easily  and milage  goes down just as easily.   Sweet spot for me is 60 mph go over 65 and it drops off.Tires aren't cheap . Last fall I replaced all 4 of mine after  50 k.  Better part of $1000.

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Lol it's easy to do...  have to be constantly  vigilant  about speed in my truck .. speed creaps up easily  and milage  goes down just as easily.   Sweet spot for me is 60 mph go over 65 and it drops off.Tires aren't cheap . Last fall I replaced all 4 of mine after  50 k.  Better part of $1000.

Yeah, I have already been looking at tires. Its got Kelly all seasons on it now, so I’ll run these till end of summer and get a set of good all terrains.probably will go with the general grabber a/t 2’s, good reviews but not super expensive. 

Edited by rob-c

Yeah, I have already been looking at tires. Its got Kelly all seasons on it now, so I’ll run these till end of summer and get a set of good all terrains.probably will go with the general grabber a/t 2’s, good reviews but not super expensive. 

They are over rated. Dura tracs are the way to go, trust me. I've had ta/ko's,Grabbers, yokahomas, and dura tracs. They outlasted all the above by 2x. Currently have 40k on these. Amazing in mud and snow. Not overly noisy 57584a48fe118a94ccbe07bd77def636.jpg&key=56209ad184687515c62e6e3e5353a20d89010ef64cb3ca652772799f00c0b388

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, rob-c said:

Finally brought the truck  home, they had to put dealer plates on it as they still didn’t have the title. Apparently according to them , the bank quoted them $ 27 short of the Lien pay off amount and that’s why the title is being held by the state. So they will be sending a person to our house to finish up the paper work. Wife and I put some miles on it today and I see my mileage not being very good for a bit. That  5.0 sound and those gears do make it fun to drive. 

4DCCB7F0-23E6-4455-8F05-DD3BAE282444.jpeg

Another Ansel Adams worth picture.........NOT!

• Haha 1