Best Week Off?

nybuckboy

35 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

Which will be the better week to take off? Nov 4-8 or 11-15

Both weeks are sandwiched in between the "Magical Day" of November 10th. The five days before and after the 10th are almost just as magical. These are traditionally the hottest of the seeking days for bucks! And for deer in general to be on their feet and moving! As the doe are finally almost ready to stand for breeding. From what I've observed over almost half a century of hunting, the best part of the seeking phase happens at this same time each year. Regardless of moon phase or weather. If the weather is too warm, it will just go at the coolest time of day.....at night. And you will see less deer activity then.

Answering you question......both of those weeks should have great deer activity. I'd suggest hunting Sunday the 10th through the week of the 11th to 15th.

• Like 2

Depends on the weather and your property. If you have good bucks on your spots right now I would take off the first week because they will be out and above around your property trying to find the first hot doe. If you have more of a pass through spot or aren't seeing many bucks I would take the second week because that's when bucks will start to move outside their core ranges to try and find the next doe. Personally, I see the greatest number of deer the second week, but I have some really good funnel stands between big chunks of cover... that said, I have a good amount of mature resident bucks and I see the vast majority of them during daylight the last few days of October or the first week of November.

Over the years I’ve always liked 10/31-11/6 the best for buck opportunities. Not to say I haven’t seen as many bucks the following week because I have but they are more likely to be running does or other bucks off presenting less opportunities for the bow. But I would take Fletch’s advice and take both weeks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grampy said:

Both weeks are sandwiched in between the "Magical Day" of November 10th. The five days before and after the 10th are almost just as magical. These are traditionally the hottest of the seeking days for bucks! And for deer in general to be on their feet and moving! As the doe are finally almost ready to stand for breeding. From what I've observed over almost half a century of hunting, the best part of the seeking phase happens at this same time each year. Regardless of moon phase or weather. If the weather is too warm, it will just go at the coolest time of day.....at night. And you will see less deer activity then.

Answering you question......both of those weeks should have great deer activity. I'd suggest hunting Sunday the 10th through the week of the 11th to 15th.

10th is my favorite day also..  I bet over 50% of my 2 1/2 year or older bucks were killed on that day..

Grampy’s on the money with Nov 10, if your within a few days either side of that you’re hunting the best days of the year, the Adirondacks is always a week later. I’ve shot 6 bucks on the 10th around home and 4 in the Adirondacks on the 18th. Those are 2 days I would need to be dead to not be infringed the woods.

Problem I have is daughter’s birthday is on the 10th, she’s 12 and she has yet to have a party on her birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/21/2019 at 8:25 AM, Fletch said:

paly it safe take 10/31-11/15

agree.

the week around after halloween has been real good traditionally in 8f and 7j, but for whatever reason I usually end up with a buck around this time. I just checked and the 2.5 year old 8 I shot last year was on 10/25

Edited by Belo