What are you in need of?

Moho81

Great idea!! We are good here all things considered. One kid home from college taking $50,000 online college, smh, and my High School Senior loving the fact he never has to go to high school again lol.

I could use some SUN!! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I need a 325 wsm.  Know anyone that has one?   Be safe John.  Not an easy environment for ya right now.  

Ha!  Thanks, I still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, its killing me.

I'm hoping to take a day off next week... maybe that'll be the day. 

Edited by johnplav

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

This thought has crossed my mind a few times and I have finally remembered to post about. This forum is pretty tight with a bunch of guys and girls always willing to help so I thought this might go over well. The idea of this post is that if you need anything during the current pandemic post it here and your rough location and perhaps a member close by can help. Quarantined in your home and almost out of milk post it up here and maybe someone can pick some up for you. Are you a health care worker and don't have time to go shopping for essentials post up what you need. Do you have a relative on the other side of the state that's in need? guess what add to this post and lets see what can be done to help. Heck even if you need someone to talk to because you are stuck at home alone post here and maybe we can get some one to reach out to you and just BS about life. 

Personally I am not in need of anything I am fortunate enough to still be able to get out and get supplies myself but I would have no problem stopping to help someone in need. 

FREEDOM..........

CDC approved Disinfectants (Clorox or Lysol, both aerosol and spray).  I'm running low on them and would like a pair of dish washing gloves but that's just a luxury.  I run through disinfectants a lot since I spray down my stuff whenever I go out which is a lot because I make runs for my parents and my SIL who has to stay home and watch kids.  BIL is an essential workers and usually by the time he gets back, shops are closed.  They've been calling me "Glen" (from The Walking Dead).  I figure I got another 10 days to 2 weeks worth of disinfectants.  Willing to go get them myself.  Just need to to know where.  I've been to 5 different shops near by and Westchester and they're always sold out in every one of them.

All set here but if anyone needs anything in the Saratoga and surrounding area's just ask! Great thread Moho!  

If you are in need of disinfectant I read that peroxide is a germ killer and kills the virus as well. I mixed it into what I had left for hand sanitizer. Dries your hands out but it works and it is easy to find.....

51 minutes ago, Elmo said:

CDC approved Disinfectants (Clorox or Lysol, both aerosol and spray).  I'm running low on them and would like a pair of dish washing gloves but that's just a luxury.  I run through disinfectants a lot since I spray down my stuff whenever I go out which is a lot because I make runs for my parents and my SIL who has to stay home and watch kids.  BIL is an essential workers and usually by the time he gets back, shops are closed.  They've been calling me "Glen" (from The Walking Dead).  I figure I got another 10 days to 2 weeks worth of disinfectants.  Willing to go get them myself.  Just need to to know where.  I've been to 5 different shops near by and Westchester and they're always sold out in every one of them.

Being on the other side of the state I'm not sure what type stores you have in your area but I just looked on Amazon and they did have a very limited selection of Clorox and Lysol on the site. With prime it can be delivered by the 15th in most cases. Check it out and if you don't have prime let me know I think I can use my account and ship to your door. 

• Like 1

We have also been ordering from Amazon a ton.....most expected arrival dates are way off. They said the paper towels we ordered would be here the 20th of April.....low and behold they showed up yesterday. So don't let those dates throw you off.....order and you should receive pretty quick.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Amazon has become unreliable.  I had ordered toilet paper from them and they gave me a date of 2 weeks later.  On that date, I got a notification that it got delayed.  Then a few days later, I got the notification it got cancelled.  Fortunately I have a decent supply of that and was able to also find a small shop that has them.  The amazon distributor in NYC had a staff walk-out/protest a little while ago.  I'll give amazon a shot.  Thanks.

No go with Amazon.  Even stuff that says it's available, after I add the item to cart and then check out, it'll say item is no longer available during the final processing.  Several items available on Amazon Fresh but when I tried to check out there it said item not available for my address.  What's up with that?

No go with Amazon.  Even stuff that says it's available, after I add the item to cart and then check out, it'll say item is no longer available during the final processing.  Several items available on Amazon Fresh but when I tried to check out there it said item not available for my address.  What's up with that?

Small shops are often better than the Costco’s or food store...bodegas and dollar stores are coming through ... may want to wear three masks and gloves while shopping there however - hell I wore gloves there prior to COVID!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Small shops are often better than the Costco’s or food store...bodegas and dollar stores are coming through ... may want to wear three masks and gloves while shopping there however - hell I wore gloves there prior to COVID!!!

I might have to visit some of these bodegas if it starts to get bad.  Been avoiding the bodega neighborhoods because they respect social distancing as much as proper fitting belts.  I got a nice giant refill at Stew Leonard once right when a shipment came in.  They only allow one per customer.  I came back the next day and never seen it again.

5 hours ago, Los Lobos said:

Sometimes, just someone to talk and maybe, just maybe they would listen and not offer comments throughout.  Life, at times gets to be a pain and it would be nice for this one old veteran to just sound off!

PM sent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

I can send you a pair of XL dish washing gloves. Brand new, in the package. Can send em Monday when I go to work.

PM me your address.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

I can send you a pair of XL dish washing gloves. Brand new, in the package. Can send em Monday when I go to work.

PM me your address.

Thanks for the offer but XL isn't going to fit me and I'm not in dire need.  I've been using an extra pair of latex gloves.  It's for when I do the disinfecting wipe downs so my hands don't get anymore dry so I'm not worried of reusing them.  Appreciate the offer.  That's what makes this group so great.

• Like 1

Took my first supply run to Walmart this morning in a month.  Hardly anyone in the store and shelves all stocked and even plastic bags!  So not too bad.  Hope everyone is getting along ok.  I stocked up on extra as some of the meat processing plants have been shutdown, and seeing food lines in the cities is crazy.  so a little extra for the stock for me or family or friends if needed.  

My daughter is outside of Baltimore and she says she can't find chicken any where? She feeds her dog with chicken and rice when he has an upset stomach, which is more frequent lately. I know i can find chicken around here but that doesn't help her. I didn't expect anyone on this site to be able to help, but you never know? 

We have also been ordering from Amazon a ton.....most expected arrival dates are way off. They said the paper towels we ordered would be here the 20th of April.....low and behold they showed up yesterday. So don't let those dates throw you off.....order and you should receive pretty quick.

ad55a61ece3982f4e412cd3febe8c1eb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My daughter is outside of Baltimore and she says she can't find chicken any where? She feeds her dog with chicken and rice when he has an upset stomach, which is more frequent lately. I know i can find chicken around here but that doesn't help her. I didn't expect anyone on this site to be able to help, but you never know? 
Have her Try Walmarts online grocery app? We have been able to get chicken locally the last few orders.

• Like 1

Great idea! Late to the party.. We are lucky to have a wegmans near by and utilize the instacart as much as possible.. as there has been an sudden outburst in cases within town.. and don't go anywhere we don't need to for a few weeks.. But lowe's is high on the list soon as we are free.. 

But on a less serious note, Two Spring tagged Toms around the 23lb mark would be great about now.. even better if they had some hooks to go with there impressive weights! lol 

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 3

Great idea! Late to the party.. We are lucky to have a wegmans near by and utilize the instacart as much as possible.. as there has been an sudden outburst in cases within town.. and don't go anywhere we don't need to for a few weeks.. But lowe's is high on the list soon as we are free.. 
But on a less serious note, Two Spring tagged Toms around the 23lb mark would be great about now.. even better if they had some hooks to go with there impressive weights! lol 
Also we have been shopping at a local butcher shop. They have been unreal and the fresh cuts are the best. No need to even go in.....call in the order.....pay over the phone...and when you get there just give a call and they put it in your car.

• Like 2