LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Hunting partner and I covered some ground with sectioned one-man push/still hunts to the other. Set out for a doe to process for snack sticks/sausage/hot dogs.

Managed to give one the ol’ Razzle Dazzle on the last push midday before taking the evening sit in our only remaining unpushed property. Plan came together as a group of six read the script. Even better is she died in a spot where we could drive the truck right up to so zero dragging.

Hate to admit it but the NY gun season has me ready for some rest. We will still make it out for a handful of hunts with the MZ; although I’m not sure I’d shoot another doe at this point. Might just be armed napping in the stand or blind. Seeing some snow and deer moving through sounds relaxing  and gives me time to appreciate/reflect on the memories made. 2020 has been a sh!tshow for a lot of reasons but just as many to be thankful for.

86080C6B-87AA-49C9-BEC0-0B09E3E58E52.jpeg

• Like 22

Air Shotguns add a new dimension to dove hunting. Note the comment about the overhead utility lines, we are going to recommend the DEC prohibits dove hunting within gun range of lines to prevent damage to them. FastEddie is a cum drinking fuckwad who applies rules arbitrarily. They are taking Eurasian collared doves, which are similar to our native mourning doves. They are spreading and it is not too uncommon to find this introduced dove across NY. The impacts of ECD are not known at this point.

If you want to hunt doves in NY, sign our online petition atthislink: http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/petition.html 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rick Rossi said:

Air Shotguns add a new dimension to dove hunting. Note the comment about the overhead utility lines, we are going to recommend the DEC prohibits dove hunting within gun range of lines to prevent damage to them. FastEddie is a cum drinking fuckwad who applies rules arbitrarily. They are taking Eurasian collared doves, which are similar to our native mourning doves. They are spreading and it is not too uncommon to find this introduced dove across NY. The impacts of ECD are not known at this point.

If you want to hunt doves in NY, sign our online petition atthislink: http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/petition.html 

Nice introduction Dick........................or Rick................sorry.

• Like 3

Back out by 2:30, a little later than I meant to be. I tried finding a tree overlooking a swampy bedding area, and couldn’t find a thing. I loaded back up and headed up the road a piece, and am hunting the field I killed my doe during bow season. Maybe I pushed something up this direction...

BE7BA438-C09B-4321-81A2-E705D2E2D45E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

My father bought me this Hawken 25 years ago, I had never connected with it and after a few years I bought a modern inline ML and put it away. I'm really thrilled to finally take a deer with it! 4b8a2d2e2c78a5e58c2d14a0c01622d8.jpgc0f41720f37b9abc84cdaf3d73a9d405.jpgf46b0592a764a119d1dd45294cc9eece.jpgefe57a96d964398aee665201c37ed9f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice!

My first deer was with a Hawken... and I haven't hunted with it since.  Maybe I'll break it out next year!

muzzeloader bb.jpeg

• Like 7

Thinking about going out with muzzleloader  in the am .. need to get away for a bit ... lost my mother Friday.  Have spent the last 2 weeks running between work and sitting with her. Just burned out I guess.  Would love to get another deer .  

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Thinking about going out with muzzleloader  in the am .. need to get away for a bit ... lost my mother Friday.  Have spent the last 2 weeks running between work and sitting with her. Just burned out I guess.  Would love to get another deer .

My most sincere condolences, Mike....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Sorry to hear that,that is a tough one. I hope you find some solace and maybe a deer in the woods.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

So sorry to hear this.  The woods are the best place to think things out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic