LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Fug deer. Time for steelhead. Lost all enthusiasm after only seeing a small doe with fawn , two spikes and a fork all year.  Definitely have enough hours in. Deer carrier off and going to the yelling goat for lunch. 
Steelhead aren't much better right now! Ask me how I know! Damn water is so low everywhere, couple that with 80 degree temps and bright sun and it sucks!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

4L - I’m in for some punishment. Set up on a bedding exit route. Looks like the does are coming through here and feeding in the acorns I came through. Wind is pretty good, and will only help the sundown thermals. Hoping for an early rising cruiser, but might arrow anything that gets the heart pumping.

Good luck and sunscreen to all sitting in the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I usually post this once a year. 2020 being what it is I missed it. I usually put it up talking about shot angles but this is an actual cross section of a deer just behind the front shoulders. (I'd love to see this done at 3-4" intervals down the deer.  No opinions....jus the picture. 

whitetail.jpg

Found this somewhere on the web a while back which gives the side view

anatomy.png.dfff1457bf75cc7563cb13b78b782fdb.png

On way home I stop at bow shop , “ got any Tenpoint bolts ? “ , “ nope can’t get any , not even Tenpoint has any , none anywhere .”

Amazon is delivering them to my house Thursday. 

But since the two cameras I just put back out for a week ,in prime spots show ZERO deer pics ,it doesn’t really matter .

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

On way home I stop at bow shop , “ got any Tenpoint bolts ? “ , “ nope can’t get any , not even Tenpoint has any , none anywhere .”

Amazon is delivering them to my house Thursday. 

But since the two cameras I just put back out for a week ,in prime spots show ZERO deer pics ,it doesn’t really matter .

Let my know if Amazon doesn’t come through, I’m sure I have extra.  What’s the legality of lending x-bow bolts under the safe act??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hunting partners daughter, and my god daughter, scores her first bow buck this morning! 20201110_100846.thumb.jpg.1dcc2a2e780f88e0b168c6d2dd3e2743.jpg

Seven point. She made a perfect double lung shot. Deer went about 60 yards. Was so pumped and happy for her when I got the text "buck down "!!! 

Had to skin and cut him up right away, but didn't take us long.

I saw three doe and another small buck before coming out for the celebration. Im out now up near the big swamp, hoping to give her buck some company in the freezer! 

November 10th. The "Magic Day" indeed!

• Like 42

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Correct, actually adhered to it. There was an archery talk thread that had a cardiothoracic surgeon replying it was fascinating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember a video a few yrs back where they had a air hose hooked to a deer that was cut away. Still had the rib cage intact, but you could see the lungs. It was interesting seeing the lungs at both deflated, and inflated stages.  Don't remember if it was some reg guys doing it or medical trained guys. 

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Hunting partners daughter, and my god daughter, scores her first bow buck this morning! 20201110_100846.thumb.jpg.1dcc2a2e780f88e0b168c6d2dd3e2743.jpg

Seven point. She made a perfect double lung shot. Deer went about 60 yards. Was so pumped and happy for her when I got the text "buck down "!!! 

Had to skin and cut him up right away, but didn't take us long.

I saw three doe and another small buck before coming out for the celebration. Im out now up near the big swamp, hoping to give her buck some company in the freezer! 

November 10th. The "Magic Day" indeed!

That's awesome, great share Dave

On 11/7/2020 at 1:30 PM, Cabin Fever said:

Have fun with that! When we listed ours, it was shown 27x in 3 days! It's a sellers market! Bought our new house the day it hit the market and offered over listing price, just to ensure we would get it!

We didn’t have as many offers as you but enough to get over asking price and no fuss!! And thankfully will be in the new house before Xmas and I can finally have a 20ft Xmas tree!!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:

69bb1c876d07a2f2507c6395fe8a1e05.jpg
Just about to climb down and this dumbass shows up..I grunted and he started to walk away. Lowered my bow and he started to COME BACK! I climbed down as he was watching my bow at 30 yards and slowly walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My self imposed restrictions have been lowered at this point. He'd be in trouble if he was under my stand.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Fug deer. Time for steelhead. Lost all enthusiasm after only seeing a small doe with fawn , two spikes and a fork all year.  Definitely have enough hours in. Deer carrier off and going to the yelling goat for lunch. 

Take a break and get back with it! Your luck will turn!

1 hour ago, Zag said:

We didn’t have as many offers as you but enough to get over asking price and no fuss!! And thankfully will be in the new house before Xmas and I can finally have a 20ft Xmas tree!!

lol that 20ft XMas tree is more than its cracked up to be!! Dragging one of those outa the woods is not as fun as a 200 pound deer!! And a 20 ft tree has 2x as many lights to F up and 2x as many needles to drop. They do look good though!!

• Haha 1

Buddy shot a doe tonight only to find out it was the same doe he hit high 2 weeks ago, the Rage hole was almost closed up surprisingly. Pretty wild.

Heres the Rage hole almost healed over. He hit her in the 4" of meat above the spine.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic