Jump to content

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!


Marion

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, johnplav said:

For $29.99 Biz will send you 1 oz of urine.  Act fast and you could be his first customer.

 

26 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I want 3 ounces for that price in exchange for a sit in my best stand. 

Haha, i've joked about doing this for years. Just start bottling my piss and send it to people for free and if they get pics, slowly start to sell it?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jumped a nice buck bedded behind the cornfield while checking traps, checked a few cameras along the line and deer track say they are hanging around.. one hunter in camp this afternoon. Hope he tags a big one, deer seemed to be focused on food  today corn, clover and apples.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Unit8R said:

If I get a fat doe this season I'm gonna render it... If interested: https://www.themeateater.com/cook/butchering-and-processing/how-to-use-wild-game-fat

 

Good luck with that!  More trouble than it's worth in my opinion.  Plus, Steve Rinella has even tried to eat coyote meat, but I sure won't be trying it just because he did!!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Unit8R said:

If I get a fat doe this season I'm gonna render it... If interested: https://www.themeateater.com/cook/butchering-and-processing/how-to-use-wild-game-fat

I threw out about 10lbs of it but saved the stuff in my picture for my dad.  He’s gonna try to render it, or cook with it, or find some other redneck use for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

BBD! 9 pointer. Shot him from the ground on the way to the stand. I'll put a detailed story in the harvest thread. 17.5 inch inside spread. bca6de2955f680d826c60d2464622701.jpg3dc0dd8dd19f2e8656877257a6324cbd.jpg46f920be1cdb8c59a7f6bec3dada8749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

Nice buck!!  He’ll look good next to your moose! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

BBD! 9 pointer. Shot him from the ground on the way to the stand. I'll put a detailed story in the harvest thread. 17.5 inch inside spread. bca6de2955f680d826c60d2464622701.jpg3dc0dd8dd19f2e8656877257a6324cbd.jpg46f920be1cdb8c59a7f6bec3dada8749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

awesome buck. 17.5" inside or outside? just curious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tarheel95 said:

Post how it turns out. I have thought about it but thought deer fat was too waxy to be of palatable use.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
 

From my reading, the bear was revered by indigenous peoples for its fat, a very tough thing to find in the wild. I put out the fat from the top of cooled deer stock for the birds and nothing touched it all winter! But that show got me wondering so will give it a try - need that fat doe first though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well today was 1 of 2 days left I had off to fill all my tags. Got to bed early, had all my cold gear ready and when the alarm went off at 5 and I heard that wind howling I thought oh no. Checked the weather and the 15-20 mph winds weren't stopping soon and with a windchill in the teens and meat in the freezer I gave it a pass. I'm bummed about it but I'm going out this evening and maybe today will still be success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Unit8R said:

If I get a fat doe this season I'm gonna render it... If interested: https://www.themeateater.com/cook/butchering-and-processing/how-to-use-wild-game-fat

i've heard whitetail fat isn't worth the effort (from the meateater guys haha), but i'll try anything once. Bear fat is where it's at I'm told. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

i've heard whitetail fat isn't worth the effort (from the meateater guys haha), but i'll try anything once. Bear fat is where it's at I'm told. 

Hopefully is doesn't turn out like the time I stunk up the house boiling elk parts trying to make hide glue during my make your own bow phase... an experiment that may had added to the pile of reasons for one of my divorces!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Unit8R said:

Hopefully is doesn't turn out like the time I stunk up the house boiling elk parts trying to make hide glue during my make your own bow phase... an experiment that may had added to the pile of reasons for one of my divorces!

Liver Mousse from the meateater cookbook tested my marriage as the wife offered to do the work... there's a smell and taste one does not forget haha

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...