LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

14 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had a miss tonight, it was sort of a hang fire and I flinched big time. It's never happened with the this Encore. Don't know if it was powder or primer or what. I am going back in the morning to be 100% sure but I watched her bound off and go a ways. I also saw a real nice buck on my way out. What a great season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this happened to me with my cva on the very last day at the last hour last season on a doe. It was just enough of a delay, that like you my flinch totally through off the shot at bow range. I tape the end of my barrel, but hunted the day before in the rain and that's all I can chaulk it up to because I've put 3 shots down range since with the same powder and primers without issue. 

I think if I ever mz hunt in rain or damp conditions in the future I'm changing the powder out. Just not worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

oh no shit? Why have I always thought you were in webster? my bad. 

Live in Webster  , where my family goes back to when Lake rd was a dirt road . 
Im just North of you, between Hard and Five Mile Line .

Wife grew up on a farm in Canandaigua, which we are owners of ,but I hunt a relatives farm there .

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

this happened to me with my cva on the very last day at the last hour last season on a doe. It was just enough of a delay, that like you my flinch totally through off the shot at bow range. I tape the end of my barrel, but hunted the day before in the rain and that's all I can chaulk it up to because I've put 3 shots down range since with the same powder and primers without issue. 

I think if I ever mz hunt in rain or damp conditions in the future I'm changing the powder out. Just not worth it.

I just went out to be sure I missed. The field is mostly dry yellow grass that would show blood well so I'm pretty confident I did

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Live in Webster  , where my family goes back to when Lake rd was a dirt road . 
Im just North of you, between Hard and Five Mile Line .

Wife grew up on a farm in Canandaigua, which we are owners of ,but I hunt a relatives farm there .

gotcha, now I don't feel so dumb. I live off five mile, just south of ridge. You me and moog are practically neighbors. 

Well that was a hell of a lunch break. I got a call earlier that my FIL's cousin shot a small buck last night and needed help finding it. He only lives a few minutes away so I drove over. Found the deer, dressed it, and dragged it to his garage, and home to eat lunch in under an hour. Happy for him that he finally got one. He's missed a few times this year. His eyes aren't the greatest as he gets older. Great way to close the season. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Well that was a hell of a lunch break. I got a call earlier that my FIL's cousin shot a small buck last night and needed help finding it. He only lives a few minutes away so I drove over. Found the deer, dressed it, and dragged it to his garage, and home to eat lunch in under an hour. Happy for him that he finally got one. He's missed a few times this year. His eyes aren't the greatest as he gets older. Great way to close the season. Merry Christmas everyone!

A little bonus action!  Nice!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Belo said:

gotcha, now I don't feel so dumb. I live off five mile, just south of ridge. You me and moog are practically neighbors. 

Yep,

4 hours ago, Belo said:

say what you want, but putting lotion on my dry as hell and wind burned face and elbow and hands... glorious. haha

Well I use Crabtree and Evelyn so, there’s that .

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

42 and windless in 3S.

1ca2c7e3387adec9116a55d0b9dd73b4.jpg

Haven’t been up here all year due to lack of acorn. Passed a bunch of beds so we shall see. Better than sitting in the couch smelling cookies I’m not allowed to eat yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we shoot the same arrows!  

Hoping next year they extend season as they are pushing for and can still be hunting this time of year too.  So yes jealous hate here but wishing you good luck! 

• Like 1

No update from the lone hunter on the forum. I'm assumptin Crappy got another one! 

Sorry!! I had a spike arrive way far away who then started my way. Hit the “can” to see if I could lead him in to be live bait. He was so skittish that he jumped like he got shot when I hit the can .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sorry!! I had a spike arrive way far away who then started my way. Hit the “can” to see if I could lead him in to be live bait. He was so skittish that he jumped like he got shot when I hit the can .

Reminds me of The Mermaid...She clears out of the upstairs pronto when I hit the can.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yes, pull the breech plug and push out the bullet and pellets with the rod.  I only use those "used" pellets for practice.  This works very good with pellets but is a little messier with loose powder.  I think I will stick with 777 pellets until they start making blackhorn 209 in pellets for this reason.

0b33f9c9fbe36855aed9ce6db7d76b28.jpg
No mess at all, pull breech dump powder out back door and proceed with normal cleaning. Way less than a 5 minute job.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic