Vaccination

Sorry and no disrespect but I am not going to taking medical advice from a chef but will continue to read what the scientists have written and I am currently discussing it with someone that says he is a scientist.  

You aren’t taking medical advice from me you are getting a basic education in reading comprehension, and separating fact from fiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

You aren’t taking medical advice from me you are getting a basic education in reading comprehension, and separating fact from fiction

So my reading comprehension is fine you also did not link anything of any value to read and my education gets me more than by. Did you read the linked article I posted on the 2005 study. I was trying to get more information from the scientist on why this particular variant can not be treated in this manner, doses level etc. I will wait for the scientist on this as you have not added anything of value here and don’t have any answers to the questions I asked. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

I’m down in Florida for the winter and got my first shot.

DeSantis unlike our useless governor is getting this stuff in people’s arms as fast as possible. 

Doctors, nurses, health care professionals, cops, first responders, teachers and people 65 and over.

Unlike FUAC he actually gets things done instead of flapping his gums and killing old people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

The side effects seem pretty minute when taken in regular doses and it has been widely used for decades for malaria. why does the fda say not to use against covid is it because the amount needed is in the over dose level that seems to be where the  irregular heartbeat side effect comes in to play.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682318.html

In vitro systems (you grow cells on a dish and you apply drugs directly on them) don’t translate directly to efficacious in vivo therapeutics. There are many things that affect the bioavailability of a drug you take (and their targeted action), and yes, dose is one of them. 

That’s said, in moments of crisis, we don’t always have the luxury of conducting large double blind trials before recommending a drug for a particular illness. That’s exactly what happened with hydroxychloroquine. There was prior in vitro evidence that the drug may combat similar corona viruses and there was already an established use indication for other disorders (lupus, etc.) that provided “safe” guidance for its use. Thus, its emergency use was authorized for Covid. Outside of the president’s odd public favoritism for the drug, I don’t think authorizing its use for Covid was misguided. Since then, it has conclusively been shown to not be an effective therapeutic for Covid.  Furthermore, this drug messes with potassium channels and this can screw with your hearth rhythm so it may in fact be dangerous. 
If the current consensus is to be overturned, we’ve got to do better than that observational NJ study. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

This vaccine is not as rushed as some people make it seem to be.  It's been in the works for a decade.  It simply lost funding and stopped.  Now with this massive influx of funding, they didn't have to start from scratch.  They simply picked up where they left off and modified it to this new variant.

Years of research laid groundwork for speedy COVID-19 vaccines | PBS NewsHour

Back in the day whenever they ran commercials and say "4 out of 5 dentist recommend..." and always wonder "why is there always this one doctor or dentist and who the heck is he/she?"  Well, now with the power of the internet, you can always find that 5th doctor.

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

This vaccine is not as rushed as some people make it seem to be.  It's been in the works for a decade.  It simply lost funding and stopped.  Now with this massive influx of funding, they didn't have to start from scratch.  They simply picked up where they left off and modified it to this new variant.

Years of research laid groundwork for speedy COVID-19 vaccines | PBS NewsHour

not saying if the vaccine is good or bad but if you consider all the other bad shit people are exposed to like smoking drinking recreationally drugs  bad food extra  and obesity.  Unless you are a health nut what ever is in that shot is not going to kill you any faster  then  all that other stuff will and definitely could save your life or someone you know from getting covid19 so its the lessor of 2 evils really  even aspirin   can hurt you if you take to much but people take it anyway when  they are sick right .  Anyway there is not enough of it to go around right now to even worry about if some one should or shouldn't take  it right now  and even if we did nothing the virus will burn its self out  anyway over time  becoming like the common cold . 

• Like 1

Back in the day whenever they ran commercials and say "4 out of 5 dentist recommend..." and always wonder "why is there always this one doctor or dentist and who the heck is he/she?"  Well, now with the power of the internet, you can always find that 5th doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

In vitro systems (you grow cells on a dish and you apply drugs directly on them) don’t translate directly to efficacious in vivo therapeutics. There are many things that affect the bioavailability of a drug you take (and their targeted action), and yes, dose is one of them. 

That’s said, in moments of crisis, we don’t always have the luxury of conducting large double blind trials before recommending a drug for a particular illness. That’s exactly what happened with hydroxychloroquine. There was prior in vitro evidence that the drug may combat similar corona viruses and there was already an established use indication for other disorders (lupus, etc.) that provided “safe” guidance for its use. Thus, its emergency use was authorized for Covid. Outside of the president’s odd public favoritism for the drug, I don’t think authorizing its use for Covid was misguided. Since then, it has conclusively been shown to not be an effective therapeutic for Covid.  Furthermore, this drug messes with potassium channels and this can screw with your hearth rhythm so it may in fact be dangerous. 
If the current consensus is to be overturned, we’ve got to do better than that observational NJ study. 

Crisis? You realize this country is completely Fd if we ever have a true crisis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chef said:

I wouldn’t be so sure ; apparently , the risks  associated with receiving the vaccine are not 0% as you suggested . Granted , cases such as this are exceedingly rare SO FAR , but doesn’t matter If it’s your ass that ends up being the statistic , right ? Check it out :

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/virginia-woman-dies-hours-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine-health-officials-say

honestly i'm more worried about what i've seen with partisan politics and knowingly letting things get messed up just to be afforded the opportunity to bastardize the other side. Then blatantly dumbass choices, from the federal govt down to county government and various health experts for each of them. Instead of the common sense in society red flagging this, society instead took enjoyment out of posting silly memes about it on social media. in the beginning things were feared but hopeful, maybe due to transparency idk. i watched every press briefing i could even Cuomo's complete version EVERYDAY, not cherry picked local news or partisan website articles.  it's been an absolute train wreck since and I feel that the pandemic is far worse now than back when it started down in NYC and downstate. I'm torn how serious to take this for myself. I still and will continue to hand sanitize, legitimate masking, and embrace my detail oriented nature to be cautious of what I'm doing to keep it from adding to the spread. I've known of some who have died from it and then hear of people like Moog's wife (prayers from this way Brian) that keep me staying the course. Then I question how much sacrifice we as a society should make as I know of very ill and/or precondition plagued family or friends that have had it and kicked it. I'm far from a doomsday prepper and certainly not losing any sleep but how this covid situation has been dealt with has made me think i need magic bullets loaded into an AR-15 and mindsight of taking care of me and mine first more than anything to date. it's all non-permanent but still unfortunate view of society.

When will Cuomo either admit his lying about nursing home deaths or go to jail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The new Teflon Andy.....nothing sticks to this clown. His morals and ethics are shot....and and only cares for #1. Now his people are tunring on him....let's see how he handles the heat.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 11:36 AM, dbHunterNY said:

I'm far from a doomsday prepper and certainly not losing any sleep but how this covid situation has been dealt with has made me think i need magic bullets loaded into an AR-15 and mindsight of taking care of me and mine first more than anything to date. it's all non-permanent but still unfortunate view of society.

No need to be a doomsday prepper , but taking care of ones own is always a good move.

Today I added a couple  cases of canned goods to,our supply , and placed another order with Patriots supply .

More Gold Eagles will be bought next week . 

• Like 2

No need to be a doomsday prepper , but taking care of ones own is always a good move.
Today I added a couple  cases of canned goods to,our supply , and placed another order with Patriots supply .
More Gold Eagles will be bought next week . 

I agree I am by no means a prepper but I have a few months supply of dry goods, water, and about a years worth of meat in the freezer. That and 1000’s of rounds of ammo.