Lottery/Winning's

Dom

The first thing I would do is go to the family attorney (who was county judge for 30 years), grab him, and then take him to my financial advisor. I'd sit down, draw up a trust to house the money, and lay it ALL out before spending a dime - except for fees to both men.

Then I'd proceed to claim it via the trust so my name is not attached to it (avoid calls/threats/robberies/long-lost family members). From there, the well-planned administration of the the trust will let me know how much I spend per year based on my life expectantcy while still allowing for firm value to be transferred to my wife/kids, etc.

The gap between super rich and middle class is growing. If I can ensure my family line will be better off, then I will do so first.

For example, if it were a large sum per year (this would have to be likely 5 million plus total post-tax winnings), then I would consider setting up college or trade school funds for the kids and relative's kids. My personal finances would be address based on advisement of my advisors (ie tax deductible loan payments/interest, etc.).

Only then, once I had a clear picture of what the winnings would allow, would I make a plan to spend money.

Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, and Ohio would likely be on the short list for property purchases - all have quality hunting and the timing of some seasons vary so I'd be able to hunt extensively. That an a cottage on a lakeside.

If it were a mega-win (100+ million). I seriously consider giving away a portion of it for causes...my alma mater high school, a few people who I know are struggling but are deserving, and I'd love to give money to maybe St. Jude's or something of the sort that helps kids with health issues.

I also don't play the lottery often...sooooo....

• Like 2

depending how much, id pay off my house, buy some more land and a nice car... the rest goes in the bank. Id deff vacation more also and would love to own my own business...

im smart with money and wouldnt blow it, but i wouldnt live like a rich pauper!

I would move to the middle of the ADK and build a underground bunker with hidden/star gazing/deer watching tower that looked like a tree. Set up a deer beding area/buck hide out above my bunker for good company. Plant some food plots and ponds for my animals and make some trails for my new toys and do a lot of hunting, hiking and camping!!! And I would get my hunting buddy of over 24 years into his 1st buck!!! The NFA club would be NFA inc. Sell house on the Island and get a waterfront on the upper canal system or lake and the LI sound for fun commuting by boat!!!

call the lawyers set up really nice bank accounts and college funds for both kids by my parents a new house and the wifes parents a new house some money to each of our siblings take care of grand parents and buy the 600 acre farm that i hunt on. new van for the wife and new truck for me. set up an account so i can collect a check every week for the rest of my life and not work so i can be home with the kids as they grow up. many many family vacations plus hunting trips all over the place. maybe buy a farm out of state. hopefully the winnings are enough for my kids to be set for life also. take all my frinds on a hunting trip of a life time. start a homeless shelter or something of that sort a drug treatment center.

A lot would depend on how many millions I won ..... lol. I think a nice secluded hunting ranch of a couple thousand acres in some remote scenic wild area would be nice as a part-time hunting and camping get-a-way. Perhaps a log mansion would be appropriate. A full fleet of every kind of vehicle imaginable (off-road and on road). Perhaps a stable of pack horses along with full time staff to take care of them and perform property maintenance.

That all would be a small part of what I would get. Then of course my wife would have her list.....lol.

I would move to a place where people have money so no one would want mine. I would not spend alot of time there, but would go to places where no one knew I had money so I could live. I would buy land and do a lot of hunting. My kids would be taken care of as well as nephews and neices. Otherwise I would enjpy myself. I would buy soem toys to play with and give some to charity.