Sunday Morning Rant!!

Salmon_Run

As I sit here on a Sunday morning drinking my coffee I have become consumed with anger that a great part of society is grieving Whitney Houston and blaming Bobby Brown soley for her death.

Well, addiction is no joke; but she started into drugs on her own and no one forced her to take coke or smoke a crack pipe. I am sick of selfish people blaminmg others for their "misfortunes in life", ones they created them selves by BAD CHOICES.

We have thousands of sick children, wounded soldiers attempting to recover from battle wounds, and many more that have lost their lives. Yet, headline are rampant when Whitney and Michael die. Both dead at their own hands.

I needed to vent and fell free to agree or disagree with me. But people need to MAKE GOOD CHOICES for them selves, their families and the community......there is help out there, seek it out and make a better life.....no one should be a victim twice !!!!!

I feel sad for the family left behind by these deaths but they were hardly unpredictable !!!!!

Thanks.......................................

• Like 2

Society has always relied on drugs and alcohol to ease their pain. People have the power, but not the strength, sometimes, to over power their addiction. Depression is a stong force in nature. You see and read about it all the time. Does a famous person's death teach people, doesn't seem so. Maybe if one person can take notice, and turn their life around, then all has not been loss.

I watched FOX news last night and they had (of course) a live feed from the front of the hotel were she died, IIRC. Mourner's were gathering and singing her songs. The reporter said "we are witnessing history here" and some other crap that honestly made me want to puke. All the nice talk of what a wonderful person she was, the friends and family that loved her, the lives she touched, blah, blah & ANOTHER blah.

The woman's death should forever be seen as an example of how to destroy a charmed life by making bad choices. It wasn't completely about drugs either. She came to desire becoming one with a culture she saw as more righteous than the American society that praised her and made her wealthy. The propaganda she was fed by black society made her turn against everything that created her fame and fortune. It can't be denied she was villified and shunned by her own kind for living what they saw as a successful "white" life, made possible by entertaining and associating with whites. That guilt caused her to reject her success and turned her into a racist and drug abuser. A victim mentality is not healthy or conducive to a long and happy life. That should be the lessen people take from this woman's life.

As the 16th Century writer John Dunne wrote: "Any man's death diminishes me because I am part of mankind". I agree, she did it to herself, her addicition, her demons, sorry for that. She was a phenomenal singer and will be greatly missed. We all live in a glass house I refuse to pass judgement, I just pray she does rest in peace.

• Like 1

As I sit here on a Sunday morning drinking my coffee I have become consumed with anger that a great part of society is grieving Whitney Houston and blaming Bobby Brown soley for her death.

Well, addiction is no joke; but she started into drugs on her own and no one forced her to take coke or smoke a crack pipe. I am sick of selfish people blaminmg others for their "misfortunes in life", ones they created them selves by BAD CHOICES.

We have thousands of sick children, wounded soldiers attempting to recover from battle wounds, and many more that have lost their lives. Yet, headline are rampant when Whitney and Michael die. Both dead at their own hands.

I needed to vent and fell free to agree or disagree with me. But people need to MAKE GOOD CHOICES for them selves, their families and the community......there is help out there, seek it out and make a better life.....no one should be a victim twice !!!!!

I feel sad for the family left behind by these deaths but they were hardly unpredictable !!!!!

Thanks.......................................

I I agree.

Thanks guys !

I just get so sick of people either feeling sorry for them selves when they can take action or those standing there with their hands out waiting for a free ride in society.

Theses so called "hero's" or "idols" that abuse drugs, involve them selves with domestic violence or just plain act as jerks in the public get the lime light way too often.

I am far from perfect but work hard every day to "do the right thing" for my family and myself.............

Thanks again and I am jumping off the soap box for the night !!!! :comando:

Good gravy, I havent even given Whitney Houston or her death half a thought lol. Right now is the most Ive mentioned it.

I could care less about celebrities, there are those I am a fan of their work, but as far as their personal lives go, I dont care. Most of them are just as, if not more messed up than the average person anyway, so why worry about it. Doesnt affect my life at all.

• Like 1

Povety, desperation, depression and lack of a job or income to support yourself can all lead to drug/alchohol abuse. Just because someone has money does not exclude them from these things but it makes it one less thing to worry about... The fact that actors and singers and others do drugs for recreation usually causes thier own downfall. Most of these poeple never used drugs untile they became famous. When the fame takes over the drugs are availible in excess and most can not hand it.

PS: Most people in america do drugs, Caffeine is a drug, so is nicotine. Picture how many poeple would FREEK OUT if they could not get thier coffie in da mornin...

I agree with most here, sad but could have been prevented... And yes this is the most time I spent on this subject because she caused her own downfall through bad choices. Feel sorry for the family and friends... May she rest in peace.

Povety, desperation, depression and lack of a job or income to support yourself can all lead to drug/alchohol abuse. Just because someone has money does not exclude them from these things but it makes it one less thing to worry about... The fact that actors and singers and others do drugs for recreation usually causes thier own downfall. Most of these poeple never used drugs untile they became famous. When the fame takes over the drugs are availible in excess and most can not hand it.

PS: Most people in america do drugs, Caffeine is a drug, so is nicotine. Picture how many poeple would FREEK OUT if they could not get thier coffie in da mornin...

I agree with most here, sad but could have been prevented... And yes this is the most time I spent on this subject because she caused her own downfall through bad choices. Feel sorry for the family and friends... May she rest in peace.

I agree. In the end, they are still human beings. The autopsy revealed that died from combining prescription medication and alcohol. Of course we can never really believe what we hear. Was she really only on prescription medication?

My girlfriend watches celebrity gossip every once in a while and I stumble into the living room once when they were running a story about Bruce Willis threatening a photographer when he went to visit Demi Moore. If you see the photographer, he had his camera so close in Bruce's face that if he slipped or if Bruce flinched, the camera would have hit Bruce in the face all this while Bruce is in an emotional state because he is visiting someone he obviously still cares about that is going through medical and personal issues. Let's put it this way...I give Bruce Willis a ton of respected for not punching the photographer in the face. But of course, I would be sued. I think this lost of public life can turn some people to drugs. Yes, sure. Would I trade my personal life in for fame and fortune? Yeah, I would. Would I be able to resist drugs when I do so? I am going to say yes, but I will acknowledge that it is easy for me to say so now because I don't face the crap that they deal with.

Crack is Whack...

It's pretty diva-ish don't you think to up and die the day before the Grammys? Such nerve.

Choices people make can be their undoing. It does appear to be the case here. Pills and a bathtub full of water are a bad combination. Probably didn't think much of it...and that was the end.