LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Skipped morning hunt. Went and walked around a bit still no sign of rut. No scrapes or rubs. Tracks and dropping so there's deer. Found a good stand site on a hillside with cover but good visibility about a hundred yards. Will hunt it a couple days if nothing I'll move it. Sad part whenever I still hunt I always jump deer not any this year. After morning sit I'm gonna look around a bit more 1500 acres of state surrounded by private land. Seem pressured but it's only me and a guy who only hunts bow and muzzleloader season. Hopefully they start moving.

2 hours ago, chrisw said:

No beds, no stopping that I could tell.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Corey and I tracked a.shoulder hit deer before thru a cornfield. Never found it.  But all thru the corn was blood where it rubbed against.  Couldn't believe it was still going after 1000 yards. Then it went into another open field and no blood to track.  

Corey and I tracked a.shoulder hit deer before thru a cornfield. Never found it.  But all thru the corn was blood where it rubbed against.  Couldn't believe it was still going after 1000 yards. Then it went into another open field and no blood to track.  

Crazy strong animals….and then my favorite new book says when the blood dries up really look!!! It’s probably dead (or gonna live) within another 100 yards cuz it’s out of blood and pressure is low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Damn!!! Shoulder hit ?? I know you said good blood for a while.
Amazing How little blood it takes to look like good blood.
Sorry man

Actually, he claims the deer whirled around right as he shot and the arrow hit in front of the shoulder. He got about 7" penetration. Finger crossed he resurfaces on cam, he's a heck of a buck.

• Sad 1

Actually, he claims the deer whirled around right as he shot and the arrow hit in front of the shoulder. He got about 7" penetration. Finger crossed he resurfaces on cam, he's a heck of a buck.

Shit!! I hate that front shirt pocket shot!
@Biz-R-OWorld

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I hate when that happens! Or it deflects off an unseen twig... but it never seems it's the shooters fault. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, YFKI1983 said:

A few small bucks in groups and a few different groups of doe.. Looks like things haven't heated up by me but I was able to fill the freezer this AM. She made it a bitch to get a shot off so it makes the harvest even more satisfying. 20211104_112652.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Where'd you kill that deer? Nice looking doe. Good shooting.

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

Makes perfect sense if you think about blood loss…blood pressure decreases with less blood to pump…that’s from my favorite reading material 91b4c431cb93f23dce586f73ba4ad2bd.jpg

I just bought that book on YOUR recommendation here.....thank you.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Shot one like this about 8 yrs ago. Didn't  see him again till he walked right up to me first day of gun to surrender  10 minutes into my hunt. Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I just bought that book on YOUR recommendation here.....thank you.  

Bought six of them a couple years back , kept one gave  the others to hunting friends . We’ll time to get up .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

One of my cams completely blew up last night. Got a pic of a doe. Then her running away. The over 5 hours 6 different bucks on that cam nose to the ground.

I am headed for that stand

4e3b8135cd801f91c61f6d8430d1dae4.jpg

• Like 9

One of my cams completely blew up last night. Got a pic of a doe. Then her running away. The over 5 hours 6 different bucks on that cam nose to the ground.

What a whore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

7" is alot of penatration. If you have a shoulder mount on your wall take a ruler and see how far in it would go. I would think the shoulder probably deflected the shot. 

Its so tough to see what is exactly happening at the shot. There's alot going on in split seconds. 

I hope you find him this morning. Or see him again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thats all i keep telling myself.one hot doe and chit's gunna hit the fan.get em @Chef!!!!

• Like 1