LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Got it done in Kansas tonight! Was in the game with some megas but wasn’t about to pass this buck at 30 yards broadside on my second to last night. Haven’t taped him yet but I figure at least low 40s and outfitter thinks he’ll run mid to high 40s. This state is wild… 6 people in camp and a 200, 190 and two 140+. Hoping the last two can fill tags tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be back for an afternoon hunt in NY Saturday

8465fdbe3afc02fedf2eb2954296b95c.jpg

fbfbc0ca291f2f11fac763e8def88f2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What outfitter if you don't mind me asking....there is a local Western New York guy who is a outfitter in Kansas was wondering if you went through him. His outfit is RTO??

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Well that was short lived. Wind was ripping at 25mph, snow on and off and cams have been real quiet. I'm heading out, don't feel like sitting in this cold wind when the deer don't seem to be moving much. Time to get things ready for tomorrow. Had my best and worst archery season, let deer walk I should've shot and messed up a great opportunity. Saw 30 +/- bucks and didn't even punch a buck tag. My hopes for gun season are pretty low. I'd like to get one more deer this year, 2 would be nice but the way things have been going lately I'll settle for 1.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pulling the plug… That’s a wrap for my archery season! Hunted hard for 43 hunts, but no contributions to the freezer. No regrets!

Haven’t seen or gotten pics of many does at all and even less fawns this year, so I made the decision it was better to spare the few does we do have. All summer, theres only been 2-3 does around that have a single fawn each, but the other 5-6 does have none. Never seen anything like it, as I’m so use to seeing fawns with every doe every where else I’ve ever hunted.

I’ve never seen a place with so many coyotes, and just as active during the day as at night, constantly hunting! I think they destroyed the fawn recruitment this year! I need to focus on thinning them out as much as possible.

I guess the positive thing about not filling my buck tag with my bow, is that I will now have one for ML and the holiday season! That’ll give me a reason to go out then anyways...

Good luck fellas!!!

df1bb8a6f5a62e1da1e5153c326f83f4.jpg

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

What outfitter if you don't mind me asking....there is a local Western New York guy who is a outfitter in Kansas was wondering if you went through him. His outfit is RTO??

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Misty Morning Outfitters. Highly recommend them but they are booked out to 2023 and 2024

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Nothing like the wind waking me up before the alarm. I wont last an hour out there this morning. I fear bow season is dunzo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah my house was creaking and trees are rocking. On one hand I'm glad as I'm sick of raking and leaf blowing, but on the other hand I feel for any of you guys out in this weather trying to get it done in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

Well had an eventful morning@swampbucks set me up on the edge of bedding had one little deer come from behind me milling around another in front of me. I watched no mom used my doe bleeat a couple times.they milled around seemed like forever finally they started moving to a small shooting lane I bleated I'm in a camping chair on ground. All I need is one more step finally it steps in hole I draw back put it on the vitals and release. I see them bound off. Used my 30 yard pin and shot in front of them low. Me and swamp bucks text he comes down has me point out where the deer were from my position. We look for arrow couldn't find it he then searched where they went no blood. Clean miss. I've now hunted the Adirondack s never got a shot on one so being able to see and get a shot was great. Swamp bucks told me we'd see deer and we did. It's been a ball hunting and visiting and listening to his knowledge of deer hunting this area. I've seen 4 deer so far 2 little ones and a 4 and one this morning driving to our spot looked like a six. Going to relax and hunt opener of gun tomorrow. Have had a ball hope he invites me to hunt with him again.

• Like 8

Fug me. Other guy who hunts other small partial I actually see deer at with permission just text there’ll be 4 of them back there tomorrow ( it’s about 5-6 acres ) wtf. My gun opener toast .he and I have written permission not his buddies. First opener missed ever 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Sad 4

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Fug me. Other guy who hunts other small partial I actually see deer at with permission just text there’ll be 4 of them back there tomorrow ( it’s about 5-6 acres ) wtf. My gun opener toast .he and I have written permission not his buddies. First opener missed ever 

Sucks, but don't miss an opening day over it. There's gotta be stateland nearby you can try. I think you said you're off today, so you even have 4 hours to check something out today and hunt it tomorrow AM

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’d muscle in anyways and make your presence felt. Like you said, you’re one of the two with permission. Don’t make it easy for them. It may screw your morning, but there’s a good chance they’ll lose interest and split after the morning cause “there’s too many people that already hunt here”.

• Like 3

About 12 i scanned real hard for a while before standing up to pee. So the deed and turn around only to have a doe at 35 yards broadside in the open but walking into the thicket. No time to even grab my bow. Ugh. At least the three weren’t spooked and just wandered off. Up to 11 doe seen

54 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I agree with Jerry. Tell the other guy where you'll be at, so he can plan. Tell him that many guys isn't safe on that small of a property. Be in there long before them! If they get close, blink the flashlight at them to let them know. I wouldn't sit opening day out for them! You have permission, not them! 

• Like 4

Just now, Cabin Fever said:

I agree with Jerry. Tell the other guy where you'll be at, so he can plan. Tell him that many guys isn't safe on that small of a property. Be in there long before them! If they get close, blink the flashlight at them to let them know. I wouldn't sit opening day out for them! You have permission, not them! 

I agree ide make sure the other guy knows your feelings on it and remind him who actually has permission.

• Like 1

Back at it last sit of bow season. Not feeling it but my son reminded me that both he and his brother in the past two seasons scored on nice shooter bucks on last day of bow. One time at 1615 hrs. As he says that l look out my living room window and a doe is running through my yard. So I’ll be surfing till dark. My nephew is out about a mile away. He’s in the stand that they used. Good luck all.

• Like 1